BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hope most of you remeber me, i have been busy with my senior research paper, work, and other school activites. ;)

Graduation is coming up soon for me, May 24. My mom wanted to know if i wanted to trade my car in for something else for graduation? I originally had no plan to sell my car until it was ateast 7 years old. Normally, we keep our cars for a good 7-10 years. Our last mercedes we had 14 years, so it's not normal for us to ditch cars ever 1-2 years. But she just put that out there for me and i can decide. I really love my car alot, had it almost 2 years with 10k miles on it. But now that she mentioned it, i've been thinking about like a CLK 320. There really is no other car i would want to trade it in for, besides the CLK. Although, i really hate wasting money. So what do ya think, should i trade it in?

EDIT: oh ya forgot to say i drive a 04 325Ci, if you didn't already know

· Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i dunno what else to get. My sister got plastic surgery for her grad gift 4 years ago. I don't want plastic surgery :p I just want to be a plastic surgeon

check out this guys car at mbworld.org, the color amazes me, looks better then my silver grey. and i like his interior too

Too bad an AMG is way out of my price league
Oh hey walc, i just noticed you wrote you have an E55! Man my mom has the E320 CDI :bawling: , wish it was an AMG :cry:

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Beautiful, aren't they? I was damned close to getting a CLK coupe - in my opinion, the 2003+ is one of the most beatiful cars made now, especially the convertible. I went with the BMW because it's better to drive - I've driven nothing but Porsches for years and the Mercedes just didn't measure up as far as driving and handling - maybe the AMG models would have, but that was more than I wanted to spend. But I still look at them wistfully...

Emanuel

· Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
epbrown said:
Beautiful, aren't they? I was damned close to getting a CLK coupe - in my opinion, the 2003+ is one of the most beatiful cars made now, especially the convertible. I went with the BMW because it's better to drive - I've driven nothing but Porsches for years and the Mercedes just didn't measure up as far as driving and handling - maybe the AMG models would have, but that was more than I wanted to spend. But I still look at them wistfully...

Emanuel
yes they are incredibly beautiful! i want to convert too but i don't know it a loaded one i want is with in my price range- depends on how much my car will go for trade in.

I especially like how the CLK has pillarless windows, that my 3 coupe doesn't have. also, i don't know how to expalin it, but it has this feature where the front seatbelts move closer to the driver and passenger once you start the car, for easy buckling up, instead of reaching behind you where as it is very uncomfortable

EDIT: i just found a link that talks about the seatbelt feature i mentioned
http://familycar.com/RoadTests/MercedesCLK500/

· Registered
1,177 Posts
You should go for it. From your posts you're really a Benz boy at heart, so just follow up on it.

Haha. I still find it such a joke that parents give their daughters implants or some other form of plastic surgery as a gift. I would have assumed you were in LA from the mere fact you brought that tidbit up.

My friend owns a CLK and it fits him well. He's not a very sporty kind of guy but he's always sporting the newest gadgets. A Benz is better for image than a BMW in my not too humble opinion. By the way, those carbon fiber backrests are definitely cool and sporty, yet seem so out of place on an unsporty car like a CLK. You should get the black since that looks badass.

Oh yeah.. His CLK looks nasty with pillarless windows. With the windows all down, there's just this bubble there that looks so vile and empty. I'm not downing your choice but that's my opinion. Oh, and his CLK320 was priced around 60k so really he could have gotten something in that price range like an M3. Yes.. Another by the way... A Honda Accord will definitely outpace a CLK. They are SLOW SLOW SLOW cars.

Edit20934023: My understanding is the CLK is just a C class that's marked up for no reason really other than styling. You should consider a C class since they look really nice once optioned right.

· Livin' like Larry!
9,726 Posts
MERZADY_BoY said:
My sister got plastic surgery for her grad gift 4 years ago.
Hmmmm... What sort of plastic surgery? :dunno: I think we need some pics of that mod...
:lmao:

;)

(Oh yeah, and I think you should keep your car and take the money difference (if that's being offered)... Invest it, and in a couple of years when you need a new car, maybe you can get an AMG version of what you desire... :thumbup: )

· Registered
33 Posts
MERZADY_BoY said:
i dunno what else to get. My sister got plastic surgery for her grad gift 4 years ago. I don't want plastic surgery :p I just want to be a plastic surgeon

check out this guys car at mbworld.org, the color amazes me, looks better then my silver grey. and i like his interior too

Too bad an AMG is way out of my price league
Oh hey walc, i just noticed you wrote you have an E55! Man my mom has the E320 CDI :bawling: , wish it was an AMG :cry:
Is your sister cute? :D , LOL joking, go for an M3

· Banned
3,656 Posts
MERZADY_BoY said:
Hey guys, hope most of you remeber me, i have been busy with my senior research paper, work, and other school activites. ;)

Graduation is coming up soon for me, May 24. My mom wanted to know if i wanted to trade my car in for something else for graduation? I originally had no plan to sell my car until it was ateast 7 years old. Normally, we keep our cars for a good 7-10 years. Our last mercedes we had 14 years, so it's not normal for us to ditch cars ever 1-2 years. But she just put that out there for me and i can decide. I really love my car alot, had it almost 2 years with 10k miles on it. But now that she mentioned it, i've been thinking about like a CLK 320. There really is no other car i would want to trade it in for, besides the CLK. Although, i really hate wasting money. So what do ya think, should i trade it in?

EDIT: oh ya forgot to say i drive a 04 325Ci, if you didn't already know
Do it, guys like me love to buy pre-owned certified

· Padawan
1,473 Posts
Hey MerzadyB, good to hear from you again!

I thought about the MB CLK before I got my Bimmer last year, but I didn't really like what they did with the design. My uncle bought one of the last generation CLK's and I fell in love with the looks. As far as the new one... I don't know, from certain angles it looks great, but from others it looks awful. That rear end is too fat and bulbous; it makes the wheels look tiny (I hate that!). I agree also that the roofline with the top up looks terrible. From the rear window back, there is no form at all... it's too thin. Like a piece of canvas stretched over the top of the glass. It should look like a stylish coupe with the top up; M-B failed miserably here. With the price premium that MB wanted for just a 320 over a BMW 330cic, I didn't have to think long. With the extras that I wanted (like NAV, heated seats, etc.), it would have been like an extra 15K. For a car I didn't even like as much!

After 5 years on the market with virtually the same design, the e46 cabrio still looked good from any angle. I strayed in my mind a bit but I always ended up coming back to the 330cic. I had been lusting after one since they first came out. funny thing is, it never went away, unlike with some cars that you get excited about when they're new and then before you know it ... bleh, you're over it. So, even though the e46 cabrio wasn't some new design everybody was hot over, it had withstood the test of time which was more important in my mind.

But that's just me... I was a die hard MB fan since I was a little kid. Obviously they stir some kind of passion in you too. These days BMW is the one that I get passionate about. :)

Oh, and I agree... that carbon fiber interior is overkill. Blech.

Whatever you decide... have fun!

--J.

· Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks for all the replies. I didn't even think about the M3.

And that guys interior trim is all mods, not what came with it. I like the trim, it fits his exterior color.

And those who asked, my sister was 18 when she had her boob job. My mom fought with her about it since she was 16, and even fought about getting her belly button pierced and my mom just gave in. She is all happy now. And i admit it's an aqward gift to give to a child, its like saying "yes dear you do need bigger breast, yes dear you don't fit in" ..

right now, id say im 75% gonna keep it, and 25% might trade in. If i feel liek driving a mercedes, i got my moms i can.
Everyone on the mbworld.org seems to always complain about mb quality. I don't know if their quality is really bad or if these people are just really demanding people.
There is this guy, name LovinSL600, that hates mercedes so much, he is trading his 2005 SL600 in for an 06 aston martin. He said he is getting himself a beater car like a 750Li or a 545i BMW, and just got his wife a BMW M3
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104439&page=1
^thread where he says all that

He isn't full of **** btw, i've read his post and im 99.9% hes real. Plus i did a google search on his last name and foudn he was a former CEO of some Burger King and Chilly's chain.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.