Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A loss to the 49ers would seal it as the worst team, and get first pick in the draft. Reggie Bush is expected to announce he is available for the draft after the Rose Bowl game. A Texans win against the 49ers would most likey make New Orleans the worst team. What do you say, root for the 49ers?

Attachments

·
Bo's ready for the Big 10
27,337 Posts
David Carr needs to throw interceptions early and often. Winning the game is meaningless. Losing could change the franchise for the next 10 years.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
We don't necessarily need Reggie Bush. What we do need is that first pick.

·
27,337 Posts
TLudwig said:
We don't necessarily need Reggie Bush. What we do need is that first pick.

I figure you are meaning get the first pick and make some trades for a bunch of players. If they get Bush then they have a RB and it will be much easier to sign free agents to come play with him.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
in football (unlike basketball and some other team sports), one player often does not make *that* much of a difference. the texans will still suck, even with bush. i mean, it's not like they're a rb away from greatness.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hts said:
in football (unlike basketball and some other team sports), one player often does not make *that* much of a difference. the texans will still suck, even with bush. i mean, it's not like they're a rb away from greatness.
Selecting Bush is like finding a pot of gold. Even though you can't eat it, it's worth a lot of money.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Can't have 3 celebs named Bush in the same State.

What're you trying to do, corner the market on Bush's?

As a Niner fan he's a better fit in Frisco than in Tejas. Besides, it'll be too hot for him down in H-town. He knows it could give a new meaning to the term 'burning Bush', so if he is drafted by them he's going to refuse to sign, ala Elway and Manning. He'd rather have nice cool breezes coming off the bay in SF, and drink wine and eat cheese with the likes of Montana and Rice, than BBQ ribs, dental floss and beer with Pastorini and Campbell.

It's not often I root against the 'Team of the 80's', but go Texans!

:D

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
Robsa said:
I figure you are meaning get the first pick and make some trades for a bunch of players. If they get Bush then they have a RB and it will be much easier to sign free agents to come play with him.
Domanick Davis and Jonathan Wells are plenty talented, despite the crap O-line that we have. RB is the last position the Texans need to rebuild. I think everyone knows that a potential star RB is not going to fix the Texans' problems.

First, they need to replace more than a few members of the coaching staff, which is where it all starts. For example, the Texan's special teams department is great, but look who the special teams coordinator is: Joe Marciano. The defensive coordinator should have been fired after the first game, and during each game, Capers looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

Second, I'm not sure how much of the defense's problems are attributable to their coordinator because they have some talent, especially at LB, but the defense is pretty spotty at certain positions. The Texans need to shore these positions up and acquire some depth for when they have their inevitable injuries.

Finally, and probably most importantly, the Texans need to deal with that offensive line: either replace them because most of them are no-talent a$$ clowns or find a coaching staff who can make them play even though they don't particularly care for their quarterback.

·
27,337 Posts
TLudwig said:
Finally, and probably most importantly, the Texans need to deal with that offensive line: either replace them because most of them are no-talent a$$ clowns or find a coaching staff who can make them play even though they don't particularly care for their quarterback.
I hear you. If you have 5 top notch offensive lineman you can have just about anyone as your runningback (like the Bronco's). The only thing is Bush is very different by comparison to other college backs. He really has no competition on the field. It is a tough decision. The Texans could just ask the Cardinals ownership what they would do and then go the opposite way. :eeps:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The Texans should and will lose. There is just too much money to be lost if the team doesn't get Bush... sold old tickets for 10yrs, and at least a playoff or two, if not a Superbowl.

That idiot Dom Capers, who thankfully will be fired at the end of the season, better not try to save face by trying to win. The best thing he can do is coach a defeat and at least be remembered in a positive light as the coach who got the Texans Reggie Bush :thumbup:

With Bush, you can rebuild the O-line with free agents looking to play for a winning team. And yes, for the most part, the entire coaching staff, needs to be revamped.

Plus, what a waste if he would wind up in New Orleans. :thumbdwn:

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
Robsa said:
The Texans could just ask the Cardinals ownership what they would do and then go the opposite way. :eeps:
:rofl: :rofl:

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
Robsa said:
I hear you. If you have 5 top notch offensive lineman you can have just about anyone as your runningback (like the Bronco's). The only thing is Bush is very different by comparison to other college backs. He really has no competition on the field. It is a tough decision. The Texans could just ask the Cardinals ownership what they would do and then go the opposite way. :eeps:

:stupid:

All great teams are built from the line. Personally, I would trade the pick for either 2 high quality O-linemen or multiple picks to draft for the O-line. Bush is the sexy pick but unless he has a line to work behind, he will be another Ki-Jana Carter.

And to answer the question, Mike Wilbon on PTI had a good idea - give the pick to the WINNER of the game, not the loser. Interesting idea but of course its just fantasy.

Go Niners! :D

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
IndyMike said:
What're you trying to do, corner the market on Bush's?

As a Niner fan he's a better fit in Frisco than in Tejas. Besides, it'll be too hot for him down in H-town. He knows it could give a new meaning to the term 'burning Bush', so if he is drafted by them he's going to refuse to sign, ala Elway and Manning. He'd rather have nice cool breezes coming off the bay in SF, and drink wine and eat cheese with the likes of Montana and Rice, than BBQ ribs, dental floss and beer with Pastorini and Campbell.

It's not often I root against the 'Team of the 80's', but go Texans!

:D

I'm still so angry with the niners for winning that game Saturday! All they had to do was roll over and let two teams beat them but nooooo those damned backup RBs had to run hard. Do those idiots want Kevan Barlow around? Argh.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
hockeynut said:
Personally, I would trade the pick for either 2 high quality O-linemen or multiple picks to draft for the O-line. Bush is the sexy pick but unless he has a line to work behind, he will be another Ki-Jana Carter.
Couldn't have said it better.

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
it's pretty ironic about the 49ers because no man has ever tried to get bush in San Francisco

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
All this talk of losing what a downer:(

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
wheel-man said:
Plus, what a waste if he would wind up in New Orleans. :thumbdwn:
If the Saints would get the 1st pick, they should trade down (they don't need Bush) - they got Deuce. They need a quaterback but doubt they will take one out of the draft. They can trade down a couple times and come out ahead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts