BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my lower control arm bushing replaced for less than 1/2 what the dealership was going to charge here !

Rory and the staff at Momentum Motorworks in B'ham really took great care with my car and did a bang up job.
That car drives as smooth as silk now:thumbup:

I also had them detail the car for less than any auto detail shop quoted me here locally...they polished, waxed, touched up chips and fully detailed the interior...Looks like it just rolled out of the factory in Germany:thumbup: :thumbup:

I can't say enough good things...if you need service in the Mi-Alabama area head their way !

Jon
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Sky King
387 Posts
Hey Fripp64, where is this place you are talking about? I'm looking for a new place to take my car, since my last trip to the dealership yesterday resulted my interior being covered in grease and oil when I picked it up.
Whatever trained monkey that worked on my car got grease all over the driver's armrest and door handle, as well as fingerprints and handprints on the steering wheel and shifter. They also kicked the speaker cover on the driver's door, so there's a greasy streak up the cover. That's going to be hard to clean.

-- Greg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA HA...Yea..same thing happened to me.

I went there for new window regulators under warranty two weeks ago at Tom Williams.
They didn't even bother to clean the windows....hand prints all over it !

I live in Helena and saw this new place right off Hwy 31.
Momentum Motorworks.
The web site is
Momentummotorworks.com
They are all former factory BMW techs...very clean shop, they are also the only Dinan dealer I know of in the area...thinking about it for X-mas :dunno:

I loved the treatment...and like I said...the lower control arm bushing were replaced for $285 versus $510 that Jurgen quoted me at Tom Williams.
The detailing is what thrilled me...looked brand new !
Jon:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Sky King
387 Posts
Sounds like a great place. Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to check them out. There are a couple of Dinan enhancements I'd like to talk to them about too.
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with Tom Williams was similar to mine. I was just appalled yesterday when I saw what they had done to the car. I was out in the driveway last night trying to clean the mess up. The grease clumps on the floormat are going to be a bit of a challenge.
I live in Hayden, but work downtown. I'd be happy to drive the extra distance down Hwy. 31 to get better service/treatment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an automatic and I'm debating going with the chip and CAI for X-mas...I just don't know if it's worht it for a non-step automatic ?

Jon:thumbup:

By the way- Auburn 31 Ole Miss 10

·
Sky King
387 Posts
I like your Dinan choices. I was interested in the engine software and the automatic transmission software. I'm not very happy with an automatic, but when my car was totaled last year I needed a new one immediately. And mine was the only one on the lot for sale at the time. Of course, I also have to tolerate the Whirlpool White paint job.
Good call on the Ole Miss score. I hope they can get their act together and pull it off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know....I want to hold onto mine until my son turns 16 and turn it over to him.
Then I'd like an M3 !!!:yikes:

I drove a step as a loaner once at Tom Williams...it was a 330i.
I love the extra power and believe me the step is better than the standard auto that I have.
I spoke to Rory and the CAI and Chip is $399 each.
I'd alos like to upgrade the suspension....we can all dream.

But I love my car !:thumbup:
Sorry to hear about your total !
By the way...I like the white...classy looking.
Blacks a ***** to keep clean but it looked awesome after they detailed it...should last at least a day or so

:lmao:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fripp, have you gone to check out the new racetrack under construction nearby? I think it's called Barber? Heard the PCNA folks are moving their driving school there, and it's alledgedly a really nice facility.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,
It's going to be awesome...
Quote from the paper- "This will be the Augusta of road courses in America"

I heard Porsche is moving their driving school there and Barber is thinking of setting up a year round facility as well !
Can't wait.

Jon:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts