BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having an issue and it seems to be engine power related. I had a code for upstream O2 sensor, replaced both, no more code. When driving on flat ground it accelerates normally, get a higher torque load, such as a hill, starts shuddering &/or missing in the 3000-4500 RPM range and goes away before full throttle. Depending on the steepness of the hill, it may start a little sooner and last a little longer but always near 1/2-3/4 throttle and power range. Feels like a cylinder cutting out in that rpm range and whole vehicle shudders. Approx 135k, full service/ALL fluids done near 100k, (spark plugs incl). No codes. Also feels down on power in this mid range. Wondering about injectors or coil but runs good before and after that rpm range and on flat ground, thinking it should show up somewhere else as well. Also, this most likely is not a fuel issue as it has been doing this for a few months and many tanks, several places. Not ruling this out, though. Ideas?

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
4,527 Posts
I'm going to have to agree...I've not done the software update. But 2 days ago I completed the following, and believe it or not....I want to say there is improvement! Why,,, I think the steering is a lot more smoother and not as heavy.

Directions comes from our own wiki...under e46 and not e83 (but they are almost identical)
*Resetting TM adaptations can sometimes help with fault codes. You can reset the TM to the factory settings by doing the following:

1)Insert the Key into the ignition (DON'T HOLD THE BRAKE). 2)Turn the key, just so the car electronics start and show the Engine light is on. (Don't START the Engine). 3)Press and HOLD the accelerater all the way down for 25 seconds. 4)After those 25 Seconds, proceed to Starting the Engine and drive your car.
If done correctly you should feel the car to be more responsive and shift better as it resets the memory in the transmission.

OF COURSE IVE FOLLOWED THIS ON ALL 3 X's.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.