Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly in the middle of traffic, my 2008 750Li, stopped running and shifted to Neutral. No codes or information came up on the screen either. I was able to start back up quickly. This is the second time this happened this week. Battery is good, Alternator is good! Fuel pump or fuel filter? How can I identify

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,493 Posts
BMW-centric code reader.

A DTC trouble code does not identify a failed part to be replaced, but a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments to be differentiated by execution of a BMW Test Plan© guide through the fault tree.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Scarry sh*t. Happened to my wife going around a corner. Couldn't 100% diagnose. Did power control module & fuel filter, which was original with 150k miles. Replaced alternator too, but don't recall if that was before or after - but that was giving a clear "Generator Fault" error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shut Down

Romey-Rome: Did changing the power module and fuel filter remedy the problem? I tested my alternator and it is working fine. Battery is full charge.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It hasn’t happened since the “fixes”(about a year), but it wasn’t a frequent occurrence to begin with. Only turned off maybe twice and months apart before that, which is why I can’t for sure say “it was that”.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts