BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This HPFP warranty came out in Jan '09 it covered failures from '07 to '09. Does anyone know if it was ever extended to cover N54 engines in '10?

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the post, I read it. The article makes clear turbos are covered 8y/82k up to year model '10 but not the HPFP, it only makes reference to the coverage period, 10y/120k. See below...

"In 2010, BMW was hit with class action suit on the N54 turbo engine for defective High Pressure Fuel Pumps and turbo chargers. We have first covered the BMW N54 fuel pump issues in early 2008 and the article has been the most commented story we have every published here at BMWBLOG, with over 400 people presenting their concerns, suggestions and feedback.

BMW announced at the time that it will extend the emissions warranty coverage period to 10 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, on affected vehicles in all 50 States. If the HPFP fails during the extended warranty coverage period, BMW will replace it with a newer-production version."

Does the above statement imply all N54 HPFPs? I would assume it does include model year 2010 seeing it only adds one more year onto to the original SIB130309...but you never know with BMWNA!

If they came out with an official BMWNA SIB bulletin update I can't find it. If anyone has it, please post. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.