BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to spend some time in my doors this weekend.
Lubing windows winders that won't, and door locks that don't.

Bentley manual makes reference to side airbags when worknig on doors.
How do I know for SURE, before I get inside, whether I have door airbags?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have side airbags in my Landcruiser. There are imprints in the door mouldings that say "SRS SIDE AIRBAGS FITTED". Its very noticeable

I would suggest that if your car has them fitted, there would be some reference on the vehicle near there location. Similar to the airbags in the steering wheel and the passenger airbags over the glove box.

Hope this helps

Cone
XXX

·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger that. Thanks gents.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey Jason.

I just noticed that your location says Sunny sub-sub-sub-tropical Melbourne.....I think another way of putting it could be...far...far..far..fark its cold..in Melbourne...LOL..sorry mate

Cone
XXX

·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. But the skiing is great. Only the two broken ribs are not.

·
Spitfire
609 Posts
Ouch ! ! !
As Pirate said, small oval plastic badge that says SRS on it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Roger that. Thanks gents.
Its that rectangle thing on the right hand side of the door. It says SRS on them I THINK but i haven't really looked closely, but as you see, if you have those in your car, then you have side airbags. But this came I think only from 97 onwards though Im not sure.

·
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well no airbags, so I jumped right in and started taking things apart.
Can you believe you have to pull the whole window and its rubbers out just to get to the door locks?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Its that rectangle thing on the right hand side of the door. It says SRS on them I THINK but i haven't really looked closely, but as you see, if you have those in your car, then you have side airbags. But this came I think only from 97 onwards though Im not sure.

Mate..I have just noticed a HUGE problem with your car.......the steering wheel is on the wrong side........LOL....Sorry...couldnt help myself..

Cone
XXX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts