·
Registered
2,739 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice wouldn't it...too bad BMW chose to leave out the nice straight on dash/front shot they usually give. All I saw were some rear seat shots and a close shot of the shift area. I guess there was nothing special up front to merit a pic. If you find one, feel free to send it my way and I'd be happy to add it in.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I believe G30 much better car from Mercedes.

Today Mercedes is sliding only on the name and nothing more
Very old technology - possible in couple of years come back as something worth the money.

Audi products are best for the $$$
Best Qualities and technology only not have look of BMW.

·
USAF Pararescue Veteran
2,199 Posts
Is it just me, or does the Merc look like a 4x4 the way it sits so high? The G30 looks lower and sleeker. Granted, as a BMW guy I am biased, but still..................................

·
Registered
367 Posts
The cars specs are quite similar. The BMW 530i has a 11 more hp and 5 Nm torque than the MB E300 4Matic. It is a tenth of a second faster 0 to 100. It is 2mm lower at the roof than the E300 4Matic. Unfortunately, I couldn't find specs for the BMW 530xi so the height and speed comparisons are probably a bit off.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think the G30 looks lower and wider with a more powerful looking side view. My only negative comment relates to the rear bumper. I'm sure the creases are there for aerodynamic reasons but it just looks too busy to me

·
Registered
531 Posts
In sedan trim the G30 has the nicer exterior, E has nicer dashboard. But the really nice model is the E estate, that thing is gorgeous, nicer tail, good headroom for rear seat passengers, and of course the storage versatility of a wagon without having an suv.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In sedan trim the G30 has the nicer exterior, E has nicer dashboard. But the really nice model is the E estate, that thing is gorgeous, nicer tail, good headroom for rear seat passengers, and of course the storage versatility of a wagon without having an suv.
Imagine E43 4 MATIC estate, that would have been the ultimate highway cruiser and totally eliminated need for SUV:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I prefer BMW dashboard and I hate very much C Class & SUV GLC GLE dashboards with cheap Tablet.
BMW dashboard is very logical and display screen is wide as human eye feel comfort to read information
Screens more tall making fatigues to eyes and not feel comfort.

I believe new 5 series become much better car from E Class.
Mercedes now become big bugger - Hyundai is going officially after Mercedes.
E43 nothing special only price tag up to sky's.

All German cars are build as magic with true technology on the paper = calling blue print
What we getting very cheap junk with huge price tag.

Lexus become very strong in premium car market and German now giving little more for the $$$.

Hyundai cars are much better build from Mercedes cars.

·
HUFINGTON
923 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
it is funny but I am tained of MB ever since the CLA...

they all have that "round" shape to them that mimics what the CLA brought in... dunno not for me.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Last check for 17 E with two digital screen dash, was a $12,000 upgrade. MB forces nearly all packages leading up as required purchase to get the package with larger digital screens!

New 17 G30 has two digital screen dash included in base price starting with lowest priced car, USA models.

·
Registered
763 Posts

Base build+ two digital displays.

Interior Color: Macchiato Beige/Black MB-Tex Trim: Natural Grain Brown Ash wood
Entertainment & Convenience $12,100
Performance & Safety $0
Other Charges
Transportation Charge $925

Premium 3 Package
Includes Premium 1 and Premium 2 Packages ($7,650)
Parking Pilot
KEYLESS-GO
Electronic trunk closer
HANDS-FREE ACCESS
Burmester Surround Sound System
SiriusXM Radio with 6-month All Access trial
NFC wireless charging
LED Intelligent Light System headlamps
Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Active multicontour front seats with massage
Rapid heating feature for front seats
Air Balance cabin-air purification system