BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just recently on my control panel it tells me my side light is out..its the right side... i assumed it was just the turn signal lights.. i replaced both and pulled them out of their tight space.. but when i turned on the parking lights....i noticed on the Left side there is a little tiny light....im like WTF my parking bulbs are out...soo there is a 4th light inthere..... what pisses me off ...is there is NO access... all i see is some plastic doo hicky bolt with some cardboard fibor....
........now do i take this off...or pull my whole headlights out... this is a big headache now.. and i looked all up the forums and havent seen anything on this...... HELP... :dunno: and its a 2002 530i fyi.

·
-------------------------
1,643 Posts
If you have angel eyes those little lights in the amber reflector are your running/parking lights, its a fiber optic cable, same as your angel eyes. There are 5 fiber optic cables per headlight, 2 low beam angel eye, 2 high beam angle eye and 1 parking light.

The blinkers (on my car at least) are not used as running/parking lights, my big circle lights are my blinkers ONLY>

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm

yes i do have angel eyes...sooo where is the light source coming from ....it looks like like a bulb..inside the yellow reflective... sooo its running off my angel eyes.. ur saying..???? excuse the noobish questions.. its frustrating ya know lol.. but this is what it does. .when i turn on the parking lights... .the right parking yellow light goes on...the left one doesnt.... and the bulbs are new...as of yesterday....and no fuses are blown... im almost tempted to take out my headlight panel out...

·
1,643 Posts
yes i do have angel eyes...sooo where is the light source coming from ....it looks like like a bulb..inside the yellow reflective... sooo its running off my angel eyes.. ur saying..???? excuse the noobish questions.. its frustrating ya know lol..
Yes, the amber reflector w/ a clear small oval where the light is coming through is coming from your angel eye fiber optic cable.

Have you tried the clear side markers in your fenders, maybe those are out? :dunno:

·
1,643 Posts
.the right parking yellow light goes on...the left one doesnt.... and the bulbs are new...as of yesterday....and no fuses are blown... im almost tempted to take out my headlight panel out...
Are you talking about the small light in the amber reflector....if so on the headlight that is NOT working are your angel eyes working. If you amber reflector light it out your angel eye rings should be out too.

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhhhhh

the turn signal clear lights by my door are fine.... but i just looked at my angel eyes... my right side is out....its like very very dim.. i had to cup my hand to see the light.... soooooooo it does run off my angel eyes.. i never knew....

but my left side is running fine... i have PIAA angle eye... fyi the ones you just plug and play... its OK.. but id love something brighter..without...messing with headlight panels

·
1,643 Posts
the turn signal clear lights by my door are fine.... but i just looked at my angel eyes... my right side is out....its like very very dim.. i had to cup my hand to see the light.... soooooooo it does run off my angel eyes.. i never knew....

but my left side is running fine... i have PIAA angle eye... fyi the ones you just plug and play... its OK.. but id love something brighter..without...messing with headlight panels
There are really no bright angel eyes. Only white colored and they arent that bright vs. stock.

If you decide to buy OEM bulbs for your angel eyes get a pair and replace both sides at the same time.....if you want white angel eyes just search on here for LED angel eyes. I dont know sells them.

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p

Thanks rrcompton... i learn something new all the time... simple angle eye fix... i'll get some OEM for now.. just to rid of the error code that keep coming up on my center console... thanks :) now to shop..

·
1,643 Posts
Thanks rrcompton... i learn something new all the time... simple angle eye fix... i'll get some OEM for now.. just to rid of the error code that keep coming up on my center console... thanks :) now to shop..
:thumbup:, glad it was a easy fix and not a wiring problem. :mad:

Your local deal should have them but just in case check out:

crownauto.com https://secure.webmakerx.net/Default-2.aspx?hostname=parts.crownauto.com

Ive ordered a lot from them and so far they seem to have the lowest prices.

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm

what doyou think abou the MTEC Angel eye that is on e-92 lighting.com. its a plug and play. It may look cool but still has anyone tried these out. For now im opting for plug and play till next year when I can get a new headlight set. I checked out my right angel eye last night , when it was dark.... its like a tiny pin light, so its out. IM surprised it went out already after 2 years. I stil trip out how my sensors depict my angel eyes as a Side light Out on my control panel. trippy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts