BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed another quirk on my new car. When I go in reverse, the passenger side mirror tilts down very nicely.

However, when it returns to its normal spot, it never quite goes back to where it should. If I press the seat memory button, then it always tilts inward just a bit more, and it is always the same distance.

I hate to ask if this is "normal" or not, but I have heard of others with the same issue. At first I didn't mind just hitting my memory button on the side of my seat to make it go back to the final place, but it gets old very quickly to have to hit your seat memory button every time I back up, like out of the garage each morning, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't have that problem in my '02.

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
I think there's a TSB on this problem... I have it too, but haven't taken it in to be fixed yet.

For now, I just leave the adjustment switch in the right position, so the mirror doesn't move at all. :dunno:

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
My car had the same problem and the dealer replaced some module (it was over 1 1/2 yrs ago so I'm not exactly sure what it was). It was no big deal so don't worry about it.

It's amazing that some of these common problems from 2 yrs ago are still around today . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts