BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GT fam quick question... I recently noticed that my side mirrors (particularly the one on the passenger side) no longer angle down so that I can see the ground when I'm reversing... Though I have the Surround View camera package option, I still like to see how close I'm getting to the curb with my chrome wheels. Is there any setting that adjusts this that I may have disabled inadvertently? Thanks!

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Check your mirror adjustment control button. I think it needs to be selected to the passenger mirror, but don't recall now.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
It's been awhile, but I think the mirror control switch, at least on mine, is three position...in the center, neither mirror will depress when going into revers, but pushed to either side, the side the control switch is on, that mirror will depress.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@theBGT had it... Needs to be switch to drivers side for passenger side to angle down... Thanks mates!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, you already got the answer from other people - it's documented on page 60 of the owner's manual.

I don't know how other people see this but to me it seems counter-intuitive to have the switch set to 'driver' to get the passenger side mirror to dip and not set the switch to the side doing the dipping, IYSWIM.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well, you already got the answer from other people - it's documented on page 60 of the owner's manual.

I don't know how other people see this but to me it seems counter-intuitive to have the switch set to 'driver' to get the passenger side mirror to dip and not set the switch to the side doing the dipping, IYSWIM.
I agree with you but I suspect that whoever coded the function used the person in the seat (controller) as the reference point in the flow chart and not the mirror (controllee). TomAto/toMAHto? :dunno:

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
I concur about the counter-intuitive comment adi-hh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts