Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
I read the Long term Update in one of my auto magazines (Motor Trend or Automobile) for a 750Li, and they too had this problem. I think they said the part was around $25.00. Seems that maybe this part is weak. Sorry!

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
Strange. Does anyone use metal trim anymore? I hate chrome plated plastic, it's just so cheesie.

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the side plate replaced today (part is $144 without tax and labor). However, they ordered an xDrive plate instead of a regular plate. Now i have xDrive plate on one side of the vehicle and regular plate on the other side. Due to their error of ordering the wrong part, they told me it's free and have ordered another plate to match the otherside.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got the side plate replaced today (part is $144 without tax and labor). However, they ordered an xDrive plate instead of a regular plate. Now i have xDrive plate on one side of the vehicle and regular plate on the other side. Due to their error of ordering the wrong part, they told me it's free and have ordered another plate to match the otherside.

do you have xdrive on your car as option? Although it looks nice, I wouldn't put it on unless you had Xdrive or someone may think you're pretending your car has Xdrive.

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have xdrive on your car as option? Although it looks nice, I wouldn't put it on unless you had Xdrive or someone may think you're pretending your car has Xdrive.
No I don't have xDrive and I won't pretend I do either 'cos it'll be hilarious gett'n stuck in the snow. They've overnight a replacement plate to fix their error.

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
$144 for a piece of chrome plated plastic. Man, you could put silver in there.

·
Y ask y? Ask y not!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Munchen bound
1,205 Posts
I agree. My point is the cost to replace a cheesie piece of plastic. Lots of technology behind creating that piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.