BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The piece that is attached to the wiring behind drivers fender is bad. Unable to order thru Bavarian. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The corner marker or the turn signal on the side by the gills?
In any case, just google "BMW Z3 side marker light" or "BMW Z3 side turn signal" and see what pops up. I'm sure you can find one from one of the site sponsors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I googled it. No luck. Wondering if there is a way to just terminate the side panel signal. Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks vintage 42 but is is not the side signal itself. It is the piece that connects to the harness. I am thinking I need to find the harness to the side signal somewhere.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I just don't understand: what is "the piece that connects to the harness"? Is is a wire? Is it a lamp socket? Is it an electrical connector? Is it a mounting clip?

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,172 Posts
Yes. It that the bad piece? What is wrong with it? What does it plug in to? What is on the other end of the wires?

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,172 Posts
I think you are saying that it plugs into the socket that holds the bulb. That socket is apparently shown on the back of the signal in the photos in Post #6. But that socket does not look like it is shaped to receive the plug on your "piece". So I am confused about what your piece is, and why it should be between the turn signal's bulb socket and the car's harness.
And why in your Post #1 do you say that "piece" is bad?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts