BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CARPE DIEM
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the thing, when I open the door using the key buttonin only the driver lock opens up for the passgenger I have to use the button next to the emergency lights. When use the button on the key to lock the car both goes down.

There something that I am missing? I just bought the car...

Thank you all!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
132 Posts
It's one of the features that when you press the unlock button on your key, it will only unlock the driver's side. one more press should open all doors.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,318 Posts
There`s this thing called an "Owner`s Manual"....

Regards,
Bob

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
2 clicks opens all the doors..3 clicks posts 3 of the same post :) best of luck w/ the new car, congrats.

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
168 Posts
Fast Bob said:
There`s this thing called an "Owner`s Manual"....

Regards,
Bob
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .....He's right, but in case you've lost the manual I'll chime in with these tips as well.

One click= driver's door unlock only, two clicks = all doors unlock. Press and hold the button and if yours is so equipped, which if it's new it probably is, watch in amazement as all of the windows roll down and the sunroof opens.

Seriously though, read your book- I discovered a lot of really cool things in there that I didn't know I could do or I didn't know how to do.:thumbup:

-JP

·
CARPE DIEM
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks, thank you!!!

Sorry for the question

·
17,965 Posts
BTW, that setting is programmable.
If you don't like how it works, and would prefer one click to open all doors, ask your dealer to change it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I actually find it most amusing they took time to turn on the computer, find the Bimmerfest Board with Google, Registered, posted the question and then waited for responses, versus looking at the manual in the glove box. :rofl:

Props to you and good luck with the new car. :thumbup:

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
closer2pin said:
I actually find it most amusing they took time to turn on the computer, find the Bimmerfest Board with Google, Registered, posted the question and then waited for responses, versus looking at the manual in the glove box. :rofl:

Props to you and good luck with the new car. :thumbup:
I must sheepishly admit that I haven't cracked open my owners manual, but rather come here for info.

And I still don't know how to use my HVAC :D

·
Registered
523 Posts
:rofl: I'm the same way. I occasionally go to the owners cirlce to view the owners manual, most of the time i'm right here looking for answers. :drive:

·
CARPE DIEM
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .....He's right, but in case you've lost the manual I'll chime in with these tips as well.

One click= driver's door unlock only, two clicks = all doors unlock. Press and hold the button and if yours is so equipped, which if it's new it probably is, watch in amazement as all of the windows roll down and the sunroof opens.

Seriously though, read your book- I discovered a lot of really cool things in there that I didn't know I could do or I didn't know how to do.:thumbup:

-JP
Dude i didn't read your post. I have just try it and it workssss..VERY COOL!!!!

THANK YOU!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.