BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tromar1 said:
Wow! The X looks great. I always thought that i liked the standard black bumpers until i saw yours.
I had a hard time deciding to change or not to change. They both look great and are completely different taste! I wish I could afford two X3s :angel:
 

·
Turn it up!!!
Joined
·
145 Posts
That's sick

Nice X3. Body kit looks great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
simoncpw said:
I had a hard time deciding to change or not to change. They both give look great with completely different taste! I wish I could afford two X3s :angel:
I think the Black bumper look good on a darker color. The body kit definately looks great with your color choice.

Any interior mods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tromar1 said:
I think the Black bumper look good on a darker color. The body kit definately looks great with your color choice.

Any interior mods?
I totally agree with you Black bumer looks good on darker color! If I had a darker color, ie: Highland Green, :p , I'd probably keep it's original SUV look and not add the body kit. Don't think the body kit would work well with darker color.

The only thing for interior is steering wheel is changed to the 3-spoke sport steering wheel w/ multifunction controls. The stock was 4-spoke and look too saloon to me.

One last thing on the plan is the IceLink iPod interface.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I always wondered about the IPod. It's the only thing i will definately not get. with an mp3 player...i don't see the need.

Why BMW rims? I'm thinking about Davin 19" SP2 with chrome insert. Too pricey, though. The wife would kill me.

I didn't know we could change the steering wheel. Talk to me about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
tromar1 said:
I always wondered about the IPod. It's the only thing i will definately not get. with an mp3 player...i don't see the need.

Why BMW rims? I'm thinking about Davin 19" SP2 with chrome insert. Too pricey, though. The wife would kill me.

I didn't know we could change the steering wheel. Talk to me about it.
When I put my 60G iPod w/ 5000+ song in my last car (RX) for the first time, I slapped myself for not doing it earlier! Didn't have to deal with discs any more; I don't encode my music to MP3, I use AAC @320kps, don't think the BMW CD can play this; also, I want to take out the CD-Changer and claim back the little storage space.

Limited after market rims available in where I live... or they are just those plain old 5-Spoke Star rims; My wife prefers the ones I got as well ;)

You can find the steering wheel from the X3's brochure; Leather trim with Mulitifunction buttons; SRS; I find it better grip and feel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
simoncpw said:
Here are some Before and After shots......
Looks fantastic.

I hope that the new bumpers are not as easy to scratch as the original ones! I was vacuming out my trunk with a shop vac last weekend and the moving of the vacume hose back and forth actually scratched the bumper on the top corner and it only passed over it a couple of times...not impressed at all! Keep us all posted (pardon the pun) on the durability.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Damn, Simon...you almost converted me. I am going to give the iPod a second look. However, I'm not using a BMW biz radio. I have the Pioneer AVIC-N2. However, you mentioned changing disc, and that i do...and it's getting on my nerve...eventhough I have a disc with hundreds of songs on it. I have to keep burning new discs if i want a new song included.

Regarding Rims...if you saw one you like, maybe you could have it shipped. However, since the wife likes it and you already have one that you like, then it's a mute point.

I know about the steering wheel...but i thought you choose the one you had as an option. So, if i'm correct, you have two?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
tromar1 said:
Damn, Simon...you almost converted me. I am going to give the iPod a second look. However, I'm not using a BMW biz radio. I have the Pioneer AVIC-N2. However, you mentioned changing disc, and that i do...and it's getting on my nerve...eventhough I have a disc with hundreds of songs on it. I have to keep burning new discs if i want a new song included.

Regarding Rims...if you saw one you like, maybe you could have it shipped. However, since the wife likes it and you already have one that you like, then it's a mute point.

I know about the steering wheel...but i thought you choose the one you had as an option. So, if i'm correct, you have two?
Go for it, you won't regret it. It was very easy to install on my RX300. AVIC-N2 - I believe it can control an external CD-Changer? If so, it should work with icelink as it just translates the iPod as a CD-Changer. HOWEVER, I'm still scratch my head as to where and how to mount the iPod in the X3 and looks slick :dunno:

The car was already built and imported with a set of options, but not with the Sport Steering, so I had to order it as parts. Yep, I still have the original steering wheel sitting at home! Wouldn't mind selling it and the previous set of rims & tires (Leather Multifuction steering wheel w/ Airbag, Style 148 rims with Michellin Polits tires) :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Dude...i'm gonna stop talking to you cause i'm seriously thinking bout the iPod. Regarding your extra set of wheels, i was gonna suggest you keep it for winter...then i remembered you don't have that problem. Put them on ebay. Then again, I had an extra set of 5 wheels for my 2000 323i and ended up giving them away because i couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know what decision on the iPod and if you have any idea where to mount it !!!

No winter here, and ebay probably will not work as shipping for wheels will probably cost a bomb. I'll probably keep them to deco my gaming room (plays GT4 only :thumbup: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
simoncpw said:
Let me know what decision on the iPod and if you have any idea where to mount it !!!

No winter here, and ebay probably will not work as shipping for wheels will probably cost a bomb. I'll probably keep them to deco my gaming room (plays GT4 only :thumbup: )
Tis the question...where to mount. I drove my installers crazy with my mods. I like things seamless, so i'll probably have it integrated through a custom install. However, my only caveat is what happens when the technology changes or gets better.

I'll think about it more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I love what you have done with your X3. I agree about maybe going with aftermarket rims, but the "Y"s are a big improvement over the "plain janes" I am tired of silver, seems like 75% of the X3s around here are silver (and I live in Germany). IMHO, yours is what all X3s should look like stock.

JP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
SabreXray said:
I love what you have done with your X3. I agree about maybe going with aftermarket rims, but the "Y"s are a big improvement over the "plain janes" I am tired of silver, seems like 75% of the X3s around here are silver (and I live in Germany). IMHO, yours is what all X3s should look like stock.

JP
I'm not certain if you were referring to me or simoncpw. I too am tired of silver/chrome for rims. I'm going with Black/graphite.

The Davin 19" SP2 looks fantastic in graphite. The insert on the Davin's, however, only comes in black or red. I found someone who can fabricate it in chrome for me. But...i still need to convince the wife it is a necessity. Yeah right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks SabreXray.

Now I'm toying the idea of adding the Roof Rail again. At first I think it will "outline" the top too much and does not go well with the body kit. But now with this new rims, it seems the attention goes a bit too much to the lower part of the car, adding the Roof Rail might balance it out a bit.

Anyone has any comment?
 

·
Jayhawk Fan
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
tromar1 said:
I think the Black bumper look good on a darker color. The body kit definately looks great with your color choice.

Any interior mods?
I have the dark grey (whatever that name is) and got that because of the black bumpers. I find that the bumpers get dirty pretty easily. I Armor All them all the time to keep 'em clean. With the kit (I assume), some of the dirt and stuff will blend in and not show as much. I agree with those who think that the X3 should have come with matching color.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top