BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

First time f30 (2013) owner here. I read a forum (link below) informing me how to modify the coding in my BMW which would allow me to do a long list of setting changes, (turning the seat-belt beeper off, ect...). I was wondering if anyone experenceied in this stuff could tell me if it is something I could do on my own. I am good at stuff like this, for example I installed a new PSU and graphics card in my computer. It doesnt look too hard and I am rather confident I can do it but just thought I would ask just in case. Feel free to offer any "bimmercoding 101" tips aswell.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696777

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi guys,

First time f30 (2013) owner here. I read a forum (link below) informing me how to modify the coding in my BMW which would allow me to do a long list of setting changes, (turning the seat-belt beeper off, ect...). I was wondering if anyone experenceied in this stuff could tell me if it is something I could do on my own. I am good at stuff like this, for example I installed a new PSU and graphics card in my computer. It doesnt look too hard and I am rather confident I can do it but just thought I would ask just in case. Feel free to offer any "bimmercoding 101" tips aswell.
I've used Carly successfully on several BMWs. Very easy to use, which was my main draw to it. It lacks the full range of coding possibilities that other options offer, but you don't need to be a computer whiz to use it. Check out their website to see what's possible (you can code lots of things). It's also a code fault reader.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
430 Posts
I did my share of reading in the coding forum then decided to give it a try.
Learned what to load and set up, bought the cable needed, highlighted all the different options I wanted to change and then went for it.
It's not too bad if you are prepared with a check list of steps so you don't miss anything. It sure is nice to get some of the options turned on or off to make the car truly "yours".

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, exactly what I wanted to hear.... Im in the exact same boat as you were... cord coming monday or tuesday

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you, exactly what I wanted to hear.... Im in the exact same boat as you were... cord coming monday or tuesday
There are some things to be careful of when coding your car.
Make sure you back up your existing FA so that you can always resort to the original set up of the car.
I have a 2014 f30 and even though it is an MSport model, I added the Power and torque dials and changed them to the MSport colours and also changed the start up animation from the connected drive to the M sport start up.
I changed all my lights to LED and of you do this, regardless of how good the LEDs may be, you need to code out the warm and cold checks and tell the car that the bulbs are LED and you then get no errors not also no flickering when you start the car.
I also added the door handle lights at the rear to come on when I reverse and put the digital speed on the dash, which is great.
Check out the tutorial video by Token master as it shows the right order to do things and suggest the files to back up.
You would need a cable and the Latest ESYS software with files up to date and you can get a free token from Token Master. Be aware that once you install it, you will have to wait 48 hours before you can use it, unless you're a smart arse and out your laptop clock forward 3 days after is installing ;)
The car doesn't need to have the engine running when coding but your do need to have it on.
Good luck and enjoy your changes

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts