BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a very simple procedure to keep my new BLACK 325xi clean and shiny? I have no time or patience to go through these 6-12 step processes I see described here to keep my car looking good. Many thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wash weekly, between washes use california duster and quick detailer/final inspection/Speed shine

Keeps my car looking good with minimal effort

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Don't let it get dirty.

Black is a high maintenance color. If you don't wash it regularly to keep dust and dirt from building up, you have a lot more work ahead of you maintaining it, and the maintenance will be hard -- it's very easy to spot sloppy detailing on a black car.

Like Chipster said, wash it once a week, use a good quick detailing spray to use between washes, and use a good car duster.

If you're really lazy, switch to a polymer/acrylic wax. The first application is a lot of work, but it will "stay" on the car longer than traditional wax (which depending on the brand, seems to last between 2 weeks to 2 months).

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
alee said:
Don't let it get dirty.

Black is a high maintenance color. If you don't wash it regularly to keep dust and dirt from building up, you have a lot more work ahead of you maintaining it, and the maintenance will be hard -- it's very easy to spot sloppy detailing on a black car.

Like Chipster said, wash it once a week, use a good quick detailing spray to use between washes, and use a good car duster.

If you're really lazy, switch to a polymer/acrylic wax. The first application is a lot of work, but it will "stay" on the car longer than traditional wax (which depending on the brand, seems to last between 2 weeks to 2 months).
Right on Al... I had sworn I'd never have a black car again. Keeping a schedule like the one Al and others suggested, I was always able to keep my former M3 squeaky clean.

BTW, do you guys remember it? :rolleyes: It sucks not to "suck" anymore... :)

Al, I see that everything went just fine. ;) CONGRATS!!!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ALEX325i said:
BTW, do you guys remember it? :rolleyes: It sucks not to "suck" anymore... :)

You still "suck" a little for living some where south of PA;) I hope that helps you to feel a little better:)

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Min. maintenence schedule:

Wash at least twice a month,out of direct sunlite using the two-bucket method (one for the car shampoo, and plain bucket of water for rinsing before reapplying the car shampoo water) and use linear motions, do not wash in circular motions.

After each was wash, dry it completely or you'll end up with mineral deposits on your finish from the rinse water (some areas are worse than others in the country for water sources)

Use Griots Speed Shine quick detailer after drying the car. After you use this stuff once, you'll be buying it by the gallon, its that good.

Get a duster, as mentioned above, and give it a quick "once-over" on the sunny nice days after driving, takes about as long to do this as it does to check your oil, so do both! :)

Use a "Polymer-based" wax, that will give you elongevity vs. the carnauba-based waxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.