BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
that's what broke on mine! the plastics became brittle and cracked, the cables are intact. I suppose it would be possible to refurbish them with metal wheels. hey, maybe there's a biz idea.
if you get one, let me know. i have a CNC guy which i'm going to get in contact to make cup holders for us too.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
By the way, I recently picked up both rear regulators without motors on ebay. The original motors were fine, and simply unbolted from the regulators. They are rebuilt units for $135 each. Except for the color of the pulleys, they are a match for the originals, and work great. Some pretty complete DYIs for this are online.

·
looking for a car
2,576 Posts
that's what broke on mine! the plastics became brittle and cracked, the cables are intact. I suppose it would be possible to refurbish them with metal wheels. hey, maybe there's a biz idea.
yah you could do that easily. i redid the wiring on my rear regulator since it had gotten tangled up. it ran fine after i redid the wiring.
i thought about putting a new pulley on the regulator that had gone bad, but i never got around to it.
like you brandon i never opened my rear windows, never had a need for it. so i rigged mine shut and unplugged them permanantly.

thanks for the compliment saveitk

btw i have a passenger front regulator F/S if anyone needs it. i think thats the last part left from my car...other then my ///M keychain.

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
yah you could do that easily. i redid the wiring on my rear regulator since it had gotten tangled up. it ran fine after i redid the wiring.
i thought about putting a new pulley on the regulator that had gone bad, but i never got around to it.
like you brandon i never opened my rear windows, never had a need for it. so i rigged mine shut and unplugged them permanantly.

thanks for the compliment saveitk

btw i have a passenger front regulator F/S if anyone needs it. i think thats the last part left from my car...other then my ///M keychain.
which front regulator, i think my driver's one might be on its way out. The window is struggling a bit with the weather, passenger side is fine.

·
looking for a car
2,576 Posts
which front regulator, i think my driver's one might be on its way out. The window is struggling a bit with the weather, passenger side is fine.
are you illiterate? :D

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
what happens if you're driving with a passenger in your front seat and one of you lets out a fart...and it stinks...in this situation i like to crack rear windows and open the sunroof to cary the smell out the back windows...

this is when it is useful to have functioning back windows! :)
You mean you don't initiate a "No Fart" policy to your passengers upon entering like I do?? :thumbup: I make it very clear right up front. Yessir...

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
try shootin some wd-40 down the window tracks. it's what we do at time when windows act like yours.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts

Attachments

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.