BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the corner single light on a 2006 330i be replaced with a single filament bulbs? meaning that they only light to signal- rather than the duel filament bulbs that are always on and blink.

any ideas on where i can find a single filament bulb that would fit?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Can the corner single light on a 2006 330i be replaced with a single filament bulbs? meaning that they only light to signal- rather than the duel filament bulbs that are always on and blink.

any ideas on where i can find a single filament bulb that would fit?
If you changed to a different type of bulb you are likely going to get either a constant bulb outage warning and/or your parking lights will be as bright as the signal light.

U.S. DOT requires a front side marker light so that's why the parking lights on the sedan don't light the angel eyes alone.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
Remove the bulb and put a small piece of electrical tape over one of the contacts on the bottom of it. Reinstall the bulb.
Now either the turn signal or the parking light won't work. If the turns signals work and parking lights don't then you have successfully completed the parking light delete. If it's backwards then remove the bulb and put the tape on the other contact.

The End.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Remove the bulb and put a small piece of electrical tape over one of the contacts on the bottom of it. Reinstall the bulb.
Now either the turn signal or the parking light won't work. If the turns signals work and parking lights don't then you have successfully completed the parking light delete. If it's backwards then remove the bulb and put the tape on the other contact.

The End.
Won't that trigger a bulb outage warning?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jwac- on your 335, can't you just turn on the angel eyes as your DRL's without the corner lights remaining on?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
:rofl:

Believe it or not my M3 has essentially the (functionally) same OBC as your E90.
You're right it does. The number of systems - and warning messages that can be generated - seem to have risen exponentially. Just the other day a rather large woman was crossing the street in front of me and iDrive announced, "An obstruction is on your route."

jwac- on your 335, can't you just turn on the angel eyes as your DRL's without the corner lights remaining on?
Yes, the DRL mode only turns on the angel eyes. If I turn on the parking lights, the front markers and LED taillights come on as well. The sedan has a completely different headlight setup - the DRLs are the inside halogen headlight and the angel eyes are low-intensity only. They're not bright enough for DRL use.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
You're right it does. The number of systems - and warning messages that can be generated - seem to have risen exponentially. Just the other day a rather large woman was crossing the street in front of me and iDrive announced, "An obstruction is on your route.
You're right. My car has the older OBD1 version of that system. I was in a similar situation the other day, but instead of iDrive announcing an obstruction my friend in the passenger seat just yelled "DAMN! Thats a huuuge bitch!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts