BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
fastnfurious
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the original Sirius subscription was for lifetime, if you factory order that option. Is it lifetime or one year? Called serius, they say 1 year, CA says lifetime. WTF Cheap

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
One year--I just installed my BMW sirius yesterday.

And if you are considering upgrading to lifetime, ask Sirius if it is transferable to another unit--I've heard it isn't, or is only transferable to one or two. Not as good of a deal as it appears to be on the surface.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
One year prepaid on a new BMW activation.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This is great news to me. I currently have Sirius but don't listen to it that often; reluctantly I ordered Sat Radio in my new 535xi because I felt it would be odd to not have sat radio given that my last two Audis had it. It's kind of like ordering a car with just a cassette player these days. :D

Nice to know some of the cost is offset by a year-long subscription.

·
fastnfurious
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have prices for 1 and 2 year on website.
1 year 142.95
2 year 271.95
GO MONTH TO MONTH
The freedom to pay as you go – choose this plan for just $12.95/ month.
How much is lifetime? If you sell the car I presume the service goes with it. Cheap

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
They have prices for 1 and 2 year on website.
1 year 142.95
2 year 271.95
GO MONTH TO MONTH
The freedom to pay as you go - choose this plan for just $12.95/ month.
How much is lifetime? If you sell the car I presume the service goes with it. Cheap
Sirius no longer sells the lifetime subscription, at least not on the web site. I purchased the lifetime subscription when it was $399 over a year ago. The subscription stays with the user not the car so when I trade my 5er in for a new one I can transfer the subsription to the new car. they give you 4 transfers on the lifetime subscription.

·
Registered
2021 540xi M Sport / Premium / Driving Assistance Plus / Parking Assistance
547 Posts
GO MONTH TO MONTH
I disagree, unless you are not sure that you will like the service.

If you think you will stick with it for the time you will have the car, it makes sense to pre-pay as the cost will be lower. You can always get a pro-rated refund if you decide to cancel for some reason.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
they give you 4 transfers on the lifetime subscription.
So if you want the service on a 5th car and you're still alive, how can they consider this a "lifetime" membership?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
So if you want the service on a 5th car and you're still alive, how can they consider this a "lifetime" membership?
Not your lifetime silly :rofl: It's actually based on the Sirius tuners lifetime that the sub is on. They give you the transfers either paid or gratis, depending on the situation, to retain you as a subscriber.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Sirius no longer sells the lifetime subscription, at least not on the web site. I purchased the lifetime subscription when it was $399 over a year ago. The subscription stays with the user not the car so when I trade my 5er in for a new one I can transfer the subsription to the new car. they give you 4 transfers on the lifetime subscription.
they might have changed it, when i went to renew mine, i'm pretty sure they had a 2 transfer limit.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not your lifetime silly :rofl: It's actually based on the Sirius tuners lifetime that the sub is on. They give you the transfers either paid or gratis, depending on the situation, to retain you as a subscriber.
Gotcha. Kind of like my airline lounge "lifetime" membership...back in the late 90s when I bought, I figured it would truly be lifetime (my lifetime), but lately I'm beginning to wonder... :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Pay $399 for lifetime? Are you kidding? Sirius or XM probably won't be here in a year. My "lifetime" appears to be longer and more stable than either one of their "lifetimes"

You are making a 50/50 bet. I'll stick with month to month

1 - 14 of 14 Posts