BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Sirius stuck in ACQUIRING

2418 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DoctorDennis
I got a new 330xi in December '05 and had Sirius installed. It's been working fine since then up until last Thursday. That morning, I got in and Sirius showed "ACQUIRING" and never got a signal. It's been that way ever since. I called up Sirius and they are still in business and my account is valid. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong and could I fix it easily?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
lol, of course they are still in business. that hilarious that's the first thing you thought of though :)

my guess is something came loose on the antenna connector or something.
Yes, that was absolutely the first thing that I thought of. Given their financial condition and the Howard Stern contract, I wouldn't have been surprised if they indeed had gone belly up overnight. Along with my $500 lifetime subscription. The lady at Sirius assured me they were still on the air and my account was still active.

I'm bringing the car in to BMW, but I thought if it was something simple for me to check I could do that without the inconvenience of going to the dealer.
Antenna, antenna, antenna... check if the antenna connector is still plugged in the receiver and/or damaged. :thumbup:
linybob said:
I got a new 330xi in December '05 and had Sirius installed. It's been working fine since then up until last Thursday. That morning, I got in and Sirius showed "ACQUIRING" and never got a signal. It's been that way ever since. I called up Sirius and they are still in business and my account is valid. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong and could I fix it easily?
I had the same thing happen about 6 days after I installed mine. Turned out to be the "splitter" (the unit that the single wire from the Sirius antenna plugs into and has two wires out to the Sirius receiver for satellite and terrestrial signals) was bad.
linybob said:
Yes, that was absolutely the first thing that I thought of. Given their financial condition and the Howard Stern contract, I wouldn't have been surprised if they indeed had gone belly up overnight. Along with my $500 lifetime subscription. The lady at Sirius assured me they were still on the air and my account was still active.

I'm bringing the car in to BMW, but I thought if it was something simple for me to check I could do that without the inconvenience of going to the dealer.
Amazing how loose the antenna connection is on mine. I had my sirius cutout on me yesterday because the antenna connection came loose. I plugged it back in but there was no satisfying click or anything. If it happens again, I'm going back in with a ton of electrical tape.
Technic said:
Antenna, antenna, antenna... check if the antenna connector is still plugged in the receiver and/or damaged. :thumbup:
How did you find the antena connection. Can you tell me where it is? A photo?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.