BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions

1) Is HD radio standard in the base X5 ?

2) Will the Sirius Radio be a SIRIUS XM capable radio or Sirius only?

·
Registered
433 Posts
HD radio is standard but I am not sure about the sirius question. I think it is sirius only but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HD radio is standard but I am not sure about the sirius question. I think it is sirius only but I could be wrong.
I hope its not sirius only as Sirius XM has been working in other manufacturers cars for 18 months. BMW cant be that far behind the pack I hope.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I took delivery of a 2010 X5 with Sirius Satellite Radio last Wednesday. It's Sirius only radio, although a few channels are labeled "Sirius XM." That's okay with me, as I have been a Sirius listener for six years.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats crazy. The MLB baseball package is only offered on XM. Which is why I have both in my 535. I had to have XM added, but its crazy that I should have to do that 18 months after the merger when pretty much every other manufacturer has gotten their act together.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"The Best of XM" is available as an additional subscription for Sirius subscribers. I agree with you. BMW should be installing a Sirius XM radio. I don't know why BMW is behind the curve.

·
Registered
613 Posts
What's really screwed up, I have Sirius in my X5 and XM in my Lexus. They won't discount my subscriptions for two radios because they haven't merged their billing. I also have XM on my I Phone... Now that's behind the curve and I think on purpose...

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts