BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2006 x5 and want to add sirius xm . What's a new radio with this capability cost to buy and install? If I can't afford this what's your suggested best unit to add on? Thank you. We love BMW and this car!!!
Edit/Delete Message:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know if this is any help, but I got a Sirius XM receiver on line (at Sirius.com) and added it to my 2003 X5 sound system with no problem. It's not expensive... maybe $150, plus your monthly access fee of about $12... and it works great! I chose the FM transmitter version, and have about 5 pre-sets on both the Sirius radio and the Bimmer radio so I can always find a channel that's available if I run into local station interference. I put the Sirius radio transmitter right under the car's rear side window antenna, so the signal is very strong... ran the wires up under the carpet to the dash, suction-mounted the Sirius radio to the bottom center of the windshield, and tapped power from the cigarette lighter. Long distance travel is a pleasure now that I'm able to stay with a single broadcast station as long as I wish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.