BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, we've finally made it to Munich, and my wife and I are sitting in the Premium Lounge staring down at our new baby. Delivery pre-briefing is at 10am, and then the big event is at 10:40am!

Now, if I could find a way to upload some photos, I would start to comply with the twelve hour rule in negative time :)

Ok, aside from that, in a different post I'll describe how I ended up bumping into another bimmerfester *yesterday* who is taking delivery today - what are the odds of that? (Hey Pharmacist - enjoy your coupe!!!)

Jason

·
Oberbayer
1,592 Posts
Congrats!

You'll have wonderful weather all week long!

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congratulations... Keep us posted :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... 12 hour rule - complied :)

Ok... a few hours later, and we've had some time to digest the days events. We are now a couple of hours north, in Rothenburg odT.

Today was an amazing day - from the moment we stepped into the Welt, through the entire process - everyone was helpful, and the service was first class.

As I mentioned earlier, we had a morning delivery. Sven took us downstairs for the product demonstration, including the hands-on ABS and DSC driving examples. He asked us if we want to spend much time on the interactive 'table' displays reviewing the features - the consensus from both my wife and I was 'no - we can't wait any longer, lets see the car!'

An elevator ride back up, then a short journey down the famous stairs, and there, staring us in the face, was our new 328i. Sven spent a good amount of time touring us around the outside, under the hood, in the trunk, and then opened up the door. I got to sit behind the wheel of my new baby for the first time. We setup my wife's iPod, configured the nav system, and paired the bluetooth with my GSM phone.

After answering all our questions, and after waiting for a few minutes for our luggage to arrive, we then took our 'victory lap' and headed outside the building to drop the car off at the valet parking. We then took the factory tour - well worth it, for anyone who is contemplating whether to take it. The choreography of the robots is amazing - in one case, six large robots, intimately working with each other to build and weld together the side of the car. Anyway, especially if you're picking up a 3er (they were building Sedans and Tourings), it is a fascinating insight into how your car came to be.

After the tour, and grabbing a light lunch, we picked up the car again, and headed out on the open road. We are doing a bit of a circle around, heading to the Black Forest, then down to Bodensee, over to Fussen/Reutte, then Salzburg. Will tell you all how it goes.

Anyway, as 'mandated' by the twelve hour rule, attached are some pictures. One of the car from above (while we were eagerly waiting in the lounge), and some pictures of the car, and Sven and me, as we went through the delivery.

Ok, today is also our wedding annivesary, so now I need to disappear and give the other woman in my life some attention :)

Jason

Attachments

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congratulations... Enjoy the ride and post more soon :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I did blank out the plates, but I guess I was more curious as to if anyone would notice, rather than anything else. A few minutes in 'Gimp' (poor man's photoshop) did the trick :)

So we are a couple days further into our tour. Yesterday we were in Rothenburg, and today was spent in Baden-baden. A couple of hours each day spent driving, and it has just been a pure pleasure. Still getting used to all the features, buttons etc, but the ride has been great. Having the Nav system has been real useful as well, as it has somewhat alleviated the Google map sessions that I have previously had to use.

Now, the only downside is that I can already envision is how much I am going to have to be careful when driving back in New Jersey. Driving 90mph in this car feels like going 50mph.

Anyway, that's it for now. I made a pledge not to use my laptop too much this vacation, and so far I have been pretty successful!

Jason

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Jason, happy anniversary! Again, congrats on the car...she's beautiful. I wish you would have told us that it was your anniversary, we would have loved to have done something special for you both. But, I am sure the both of you would rather spend that time alone:). Enjoy your wonderful car, and I look forward to seeing the photos and hearing more about your tour through Germany. Hit me up when you get back to the states.

Ajith :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts