BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay in getting this up... Painfully slow internet connectivity.

Yesterday morning we took delivery of our F33 435i M-Sport :bigpimp:

Good day... After a sleepless flight (incessant baby crying seat behind us). Sixt's A8 picked us up at the airport, arrived at the WELT for an expedited pick-up, which was short and sweet, Bernhard presenting us with the vehicle.

I love the color combo we chose and the car meets all my expectations. And more importantly Mrs Poc's, as afterall this is her car States-side.

Miss Poc is also having a great time. It is her Grand Tour :)

Anyway, to summarize the day's events, we checked in to the hotel after visiting the ADAC office for Vignettes and strolling through the Nymphenburg gardens close by to the Hotel. We snoozed for a couple of hours while it rained and then headed to Munich Center for dinner at Augustiner (Great Sweinhaxe and Weissbeer) in Munich center, to finally drive back to the hotel top down for a well deserved sleepy night :)

Today we are off to the castles, then onto Rothenburg ob der Tauber for the evening to watch the match and spend the night.

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
438 Posts
Congratulations!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats!!! Looks great. Is that the oyster interior? Beautiful! Have so much fun!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looks great :thumbup:

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
Congrats, Poc. I'll be watching your write-up with great interest, brother.

I'm due for my next ED, since my 2008 E60 is now six years old, but I gotta say she's treated me so right that I just can't let go of her quite yet. I'm going to hold out for one more, possibly two more years, but the ED itch is starting to come on.

Given the bloated size of the F10 (the other reason I'm holding on to my E60), and that the next 5er will likely be even bigger, I'm seriously thinking that my next ride will be a 435i, or possibly an ///M4, so I'm very interested to hear your likes and dislikes of the F33.

Have a great trip!

·
Happily Driving
7,169 Posts
Awesome! Keep us posted!

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
Hey Stuart - adding my congratulations as well. I'm feeling the gravitational pull of the 4 Series 'vert too, and you were part of that. Not that my two previous ED rides pictured below had anything to do with it.. Have fun and keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Congratulations!

+100000!!!! :thumbup:
Have a safe trip and post as much as you can!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful vehicle. Enjoy your trip & keep us posted with pix!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on getting the vert cousin of my car! I've been waiting to see it. Looks spectacular. You even had Bernhard as your delivery guide like I did.

Have a great trip:bigpimp:

·
Registered
65 Posts
"Weni, Widi, Welti" has begun. Congratulations.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for all the comments :) and again, forgive my lack of follow up.

Since the delivery, the weather has not cooperated at all, the rain following us this evening to Prague. The car is running well and our drive from Munich to the castles Tuesday morning and then up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber in constant rain that afternoon was uneventful. The drive to Prague today was also quite smooth, constant but fast moving traffic and yes, rain!

Linderhof was gorgeous! Neuschwanstein was crowded despite the rain and we decided to forego that stop and start heading north early. We did stop for the obligatory picture though :thumbup:

Rothenburg is a gem! We enjoyed spending time walking around last evening and this morning despite the rain.

Hope to post more with faster internet and a little more time.

Best to all :)

SJAPoc, Mrs. Poc and Miss Poc

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great looking car, I've been following your posts for a while. Hopefully you'll have a lot of pictures !!!:)

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
That's a great pic at Newschwanstein. Cool composition.

Hey, Poc, how do you like the "feel" of the steering rack on that car? I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet, but I really love the feel of my E60, but my wife's F10 not so much. I'm hopeful/hoping that the F33 or ///M4 will have that lovely BMW connectedness that we all love so much. Does it feel like a cruise missile?

·
Aviator
2,968 Posts
1 - 20 of 113 Posts