BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm a complete idiot and after buying my 2003 330i I realized today that the seats dont fold down and that I dont have the ski bag setup. I'm freaking out about being able to transport my skis now. Can I goto the dealership and still have that installed? If so anyone have an idea of how much it will run?

-Marek

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you don't *need* the bag, you can make the hole yourself. The metal plate is held in by only a few touch welds, and is easily popped out. Then a pre-cut piece of foam is easily removed. Once that is done, you can pretty much open-er up.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
I'm sure you can get the parts and DIY this. I removed the one in my coupe so I can fire my subwoofer into the cabin, took all of a few minutes to get it out of there. It basically just snaps in.

You'll need the bag and frame, the rear facing door and hinges, and perhaps new trim piece for your seatback.

The hole is basically already there, you just need to punch out the "blank" to expose it. Not sure if there are DIYs here, but definitely over at e46fanatics you'll find some. Hell, u may even be able to get the setup from someone for free or on the cheap!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ski bag woes

I have the cold weather package which came the ski bag.

I find it a pain, to fold the thing and secure the panel. Its not very secure.

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
deuceap610 said:
Can I goto the dealership and still have that installed? If so anyone have an idea of how much it will run?

-Marek
The "search" option is your friend :p.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124364&highlight=ski+bag

And before you ask, yes, it is already sold. Many of the folks at e46fanatics yank them out to fit huge thumping subs. You can probably get the bag itself from someone over therte but you'll be on your own for the trunk panel trim.

There are different retrofit kits; one for cars with the folddown trunk, one for cars without.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.