BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
left black electrical tape on the headlight housing.(black)

slammed the hood twice
it didn't close OK slammed it again.
the next day discover squashed electrical tape (almost a new roll)on the headlight houing
the headlight and the turn siganl were moved down (not noticeable at first glance)(not really visible in tyhe pic either)
the clear turn signal was the worst.
i don't think anything was broken
but the turn signal s moved down and took an inner tilt upward.
it looks pretty bad up close and i don't know how to fix it.

should i remove the whole headlight housing, cuz i cannot remove the turn signal, i looked in the manual and on other posts not really helping me.

also i got a carbon fiber eyebrow that's stick with double sided tape on headlight and turn signal. (complicates thing for me)

i tried pitting big washers under the two bolts that atach headlight to radiato brace(front rail)

the gaps on my turn signal and headlight are more pronunced now, barely visible in the pic.

any suggestions? links to more clearer removal instruction.

alo how do i pup it question mark icins or triangles ony thread(when displayed with alist of all the other ones) i got quite a few unanwered threads

Attachments

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
so i removed the windshield washer tank and put electrical tape on the connectors to keep stuff away from(also pit electrical jumper on float level connection so it would be a warning light on the dash)

left black electrical tape on the headlight housing.(black)

slammed the hood twice
it didn't close OK slammed it again.
the next day discover squashed electrical tape (almost a new roll)
the headlight and the turn siganl were moved down (not noticeable at first glance)
the clear turn signal was the worst.
i don't think anything was broken
but the turn signal s moved down and took an inner tilt upward.
it looks pretty bad and i don't know how to fix it.

should i remove the whole headlight housing, cuz i cannot remove the turn signal, i looked in the manual and on other posts not really helping me.

also i got a carbon fiber eyebrow that's stick with double sided tape on headlight and turn signal. (complicates thing for me)

i tried pittinmg big washers under the two bolts that atach headlight to radiato brace(front rail)

the gaps on my turn signal and headlight are more pronunced now, barely visible in the pic.

any suggestions? links to more clearer removal instruction.

alo how do i pup it question mark icibns or triangles ony thread(when displayed with alist of all the other ones) i got quite a few unanwered threads
Can't figure out what you did from the pictures or from your description. I hope somebody else can.

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts

Someone with a coupe that has taken out their headlights needs to try deciphering this.

·
Little Miss Ry
1,169 Posts
alo how do i pup it question mark icibns or triangles ony thread(when displayed with alist of all the other ones) i got quite a few unanwered threads
:confused: Um, this is the only part I "think" I understand. If so, the answer is: At the bottom of your advanced message area there's a "Post Icons" section. Use that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts