BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pressure in my clutch line leaks away when i hold my clutch down and it doesnt return the pedal. Does ne one know a trick to finding out which clyinder is the problem or do i just need to start with the slave or what? There is no fluid dripping away from the slave cylinder. Can it fail without leaking? Is there a check valve in the master cylinder thats failed that is allowing the pressure to leak back up into the resevoir? Thanks for your help, its a 87 325.

·
///M POWER
366 Posts
Replace both of them at the same time.

I've talked to many, many people who replaced one and ended up replacing the other soon after as the new cylinder puts too much pressure on the other old cylinder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had to replace my slave cylinder. then a week later my pedal would randomly go to the floor. replaced the master cylinder and hasnt done it since.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had planned to replace both at the same time, if I were to replace them. I've heard some horror stories of one failing right after the other was replaced.

Do you know if this sounds like the solution to the problem or should I do more troubleshooting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts