BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing led to another and I find myself looking for an E34 530iT to replace the Buick my parents keep here (and is currently dead) so my mother has something to drive when she's in town and I've used off and on for commuting (when it runs).

I found an ad on autotrader for one at a dealer in southern California which is within my father's "well, I could swing by there and check it out for you" range. From the copy in the ad and their website, I wasn't exactly expecting great things of them as decent people, but I wasn't quite prepared for what happened when I called them.

"Anything you want to know about the car, you gotta go online or come in."

Uh, I'm 2800 miles away and the ad/listing doesn't answer my questions.

If you answer my questions, you could have my money.

:jawdrop:

It was like I was talking to a recording. WTF?! :dunno:

· King of Rear Clunks
12,907 Posts
It looks like its in decent shape, though it's got a lot of miles on it. I'd bet it's on its second tranny. What I'd wonder about is whether the suspension bushings and such have all been done, since there are a lot of em and they can be a pain to deal with.

· an audience of One
9,765 Posts
DougDogs said:
Sure it was, and it was a toll free number.

I was told "the person you need to talk with just stepped out for lunch"
The guy told me to "call on Monday" :rofl:

Clyde, the car is about 15 minutes away from where I live. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

-Mark

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
markseven said:
The guy told me to "call on Monday" :rofl:

Clyde, the car is about 15 minutes away from where I live. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

-Mark
Thanks, Mark. I'm not interested in giving them my money. 530iTs aren't on every corner, but they aren't so scarce that it's worth doing business with people like that, IMO.

· The King of Common Sense
25,791 Posts
·clyde· said:
One thing led to another and I find myself looking for an E34 530iT to replace the Buick my parents keep here (and is currently dead) so my mother has something to drive when she's in town and I've used off and on for commuting (when it runs).

I found an ad on autotrader for one at a dealer in southern California which is within my father's "well, I could swing by there and check it out for you" range. From the copy in the ad and their website, I wasn't exactly expecting great things of them as decent people, but I wasn't quite prepared for what happened when I called them.

Uh, I'm 2800 miles away and the ad/listing doesn't answer my questions.

If you answer my questions, you could have my money.

:jawdrop:

It was like I was talking to a recording. WTF?! :dunno:
What don't you understand? :rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.