Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Buy the Bike You Fool!

Votes: 15 40.5%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now learned that when I can't make a decision by myself, all I need to do is post a pole and let the general public decide for me. Every time I do, and follow the advice, I'm pleased with the results (i.e. lopping out my resonators), so here goes another one.

As I go throughout the spring and especially the summer, I can either put my extra money into modifying my car. (Sway Bars, Shocks and Springs, possibly but not probably wheels), OR, I could buy something like this, later in the summer.

The second option means that, in taking a second child under my wing, my first born will no longer see any modifications, and she will likely live out the rest of her life as she stands, which is admittedly not very close to stock, anyway. So what do you think? Keep modding the baby, or expand the family?

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Com'n bro, stick to the maintenance plan like we both agreed upon.
Maintenance > Mods or Bike.

Maintenance wouldn't be affected, just mods.

·
Delusions of Grandeur!
685 Posts
I went ahead and voted for Mods.

My original though was that you shouldn't do either so you can save money. (really it was so that you would slow down so that I could catch up faster when I got home.:p)

Have you had/ridden a motorcycle before?

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and voted for Mods.

My original though was that you shouldn't do either so you can save money. (really it was so that you would slow down so that I could catch up faster when I got home.:p)

Have you had/ridden a motorcycle before?
Dirt bike, and I've ridden a bigger bike a few times. Obviously I'd take the classes, buy a lower powered starter bike etc etc. And this all comes behind school, savings, dorm stuff, computer, etc etc etc. So all other things equal, mods or bike. Haha.

·
Little Miss Ry
1,169 Posts
I voted to keep modding. Bikes are fun, but I know too many people that have hurt themselves on bikes. :(

Bikes and Bimmers are chick magnets, so you're fine, stick with the bimmer!!:thumbup:

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
I voted to keep modding. Bikes are fun, but I know too many people that have hurt themselves on bikes. :(

Bikes and Bimmers are chick magnets, so you're fine, stick with the bimmer!!:thumbup:
Agreed about the bike thing.
I voted for modding your Beem.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Who is John Galt?
1,404 Posts
If I was me, i'd go with modding...but since it's not for me, and I was you, go with the bike.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Tough choice.. I kinda want a bike too.. but I want to mod as well.. I say get the bike.. and then if you change your mind you can always sell it :)

·
Fully Dysfunctional
2,372 Posts
If your gonna buy an older bike, don't get a crotch rocket...I'd go for a Voyager, Royal Star Venture or Gold Wing...They are comfortable, more visible and you won't be so tempted into doing harm to yourself by driving at a ridiculous rate of speed without a cage around you...

·
Mod the driver
340 Posts
The people who have bikes and haven't died yet may disagree, but there is way too much risk in owning one IMO. Risk = Probability X Consequence, so even if the probability is low, the fact that you pay with your life for someone else's mistake makes it TOO RISKY.

Mod the bimmer, get girls, have a family, get fat, be happy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts