124 Posts
post pics... should be interesting

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Drilled/slotted with powder coated hubs.

·
Just a Gigolo
585 Posts

:wave::yummy:

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Mmmmmm. Is anything sexier than a sweet BBK? Nice!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm going to be needing new rotors soon and these look like a STEAL for the price.

I also found the flat faced Centrics for only $99/side (M5 rotors) and like $62/side for the rears! Tough to pass that up...

·
yee!
670 Posts
slotted rotors are great...a good upgrade from the stock 528 rotors.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Could you say a bit more about the benefits of slotted rotors? Are there drawbacks?

I've seen a bunch of threads were people go on and on about how cross drilled rotors just look cool and don't do anything unless your tracking or auto-xing, but this is the first I've seen of slotted rotors. I've reasonably happy with my 528i stopping power, but it never hurts to have more :thumbup:.

·
BMW Nuthead
2,388 Posts
benefits are the slots wipe the surface of the brake pad off everytime you brake, so there is better bite everytime. the down side is a little more brake wear than normal

·
yee!
670 Posts
yes the pads wear a little faster, but the bite is better and the rotors will last longer. from what i have experienced...slotted/drilled are pretty much the same just if its drilled its more prone to cracking, and buying two rotors cause of one sucks...just like tires. here check this out....http://flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/Brakes/BrakeRotors.html

·
Registered
8,775 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I puchased some from bavauto and they look sweet, brake like nobody's business, but tend to create a LOT of brake dust and while they're braking they tend to squeek a little (everything's been greesed properly).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts