BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my automatic e36 out of the shop...

runs great.. but since ive owned it, the accelleration is delayed. from a dead stop it will take off slow, then around 5-10 mph it takes off..

what could i do to make this happen quicker. different differentail? chip? i wont ever need to go 160, i would like to use that power to make my 0-60 faster.

dont have the money for a tranny swap either.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
get all the liquids serviced, the filters as well, plugs... could make a big difference.

·
Registered
300 Posts
agreed on making sure maintenance is up to date. Assuming it's up to date, then welcome to the joys of having an autotragic. You could see if you can track down a new diff. with 4.10 gears. You currently have a 3.91 so 4.10 is only a little lower, but might give just that kick in the *ss you're looking for without effecting fuel economy much.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
there was a top gear episode (quite recent one) where they took a Renault that was supposedly sporty with a V6 and tried to do a lap. They found out that it was slow so they tested it on dyno and realized it was down like say 50hp from claimed top figure. So they changed the oil and all the bits, just maintances. What you think? 50hp back on. Crazy. Goes to show how much the car wants to have the service done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts