BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 745i that only has 75k on it. the steering has actually quit working once before to where I couldnt even steer the car. It has come back completely and other times gets sluggish if I try to turn the steering wheel too fast at slow speeds. What the hell is the deal with this thing? I think that the brake system and the power steering use the same hydraulic system and resevoir. Is the resevior also a filter and if I change it will it improve the power steering? The brakes work fine. Also I have a leak and believe it is from the steering. Can the computer be reset for the steering?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno if putting DOT4 in a 7 series is a good idea. I use CHF11S. I am not a hydraulic tecnition but why would a pump work when it wanted to? I am a mechanic and as far as I know it works or it does not. I have heard that the pump shaft can shear then it is completely dead. Min e works goo most of the time but then it decides sometimes not to. Could the filter be clogged? and lower line pressure at times causing the sluggishness?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.