BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hava a small tear on the drivers side convertible top. I noticed it for the first time taking the car out from its winter slumber and putting the top down. The tear is small and generally speaking, the top appears to be in real good shape. All original 650I 2008, 26,000 miles.. most it’s life was in Florida and the last three years in Ohio. The tear is small, but my question is this: i do not want the tear to get larger. Is there something I could use on the fabric to keep it from fraying or getting worse?
car has never seen snow and garaged in Florida and Ohio. Thanks

Attachments

·
Michael
2,490 Posts
you have to check the top is not catching on something as it opens or closes, or when it is down nothing is rubbing in that section, easier said than done!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
if it were mine, I'd probably have the wife do some precision sewing - very surgically, she is good. this would strengthen the surrounding area so it doesn't spread. then do something like this over top DIY convertible top repair

before I did any of that tho, I'd call around to shops and see what they can do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it were mine, I'd probably have the wife do some precision sewing - very surgically, she is good. this would strengthen the surrounding area so it doesn't spread. then do something like this over top DIY convertible top repair

before I did any of that tho, I'd call around to shops and see what they can do.
Thank you for the information and video. Really appreciate it. Thanks I will let you know how it turns out,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts