Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm trying to get in that "top down" frame of mind even though it is below freezing here in the northeast. I'm seriously thinking of ordering a SmartTop module for my e93. After doing some searching here on the forum it seems most everyone who has one loves it. I was reading thru the various features that can be enabled (one touch top down, windows up, down, unlock, mirrors, etc). It's nice to have options but it is almost too many!

So...I was wondering what features the users out there have enabled and why? It seems like the one touch top up/down is a no brainier but what else are folks using?

Also, it's nice to be able to operate the top manually (stopping the top in various states of unfold) for lubing the hinges and seals - do I have to disable the module each time I want to do this?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have the one touch up and down from center console button
Roof while moving up to 25 mph I think I have it set to
One touch all windows up from the all windows button
Roof up down from fob one touch (hold for 3 seconds then once it starts good to go)
Folding mirrors from fob

Think that is it for me - best mod I ever bought, had it for 6 years now!

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
Roof up down from fob one touch (hold for 3 seconds then once it starts good to go)
Folding mirrors from fob

Pretty much identical to the way most users request here when getting the modules installed. :thumbup:

·
Tastes like chicken
1,160 Posts
Folding mirrors from fob

Same here. I also reversed the center switch action so pushing down opens the roof and pulling up closes it, similar to the regular windows.

·
Random Helpbot
964 Posts
Folding mirrors from fob
Same here. I also reversed the center switch action so pushing down opens the roof and pulling up closes it, similar to the regular windows.
All of the above for my wife's E93, except the roof while moving feature is limited to 19 mph (30 kph). Also, it's a non-CA E93 and I set the SmartTop to unlock the doors when the fob is removed.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
My switch was already correct (2008), not sure why they reversed it later on, but I would reverse it also if I had an LCI!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts