BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

SmartTop users: what features did you enable?

874 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  roadkillrob 
#1 ·
Well, I'm trying to get in that "top down" frame of mind even though it is below freezing here in the northeast. I'm seriously thinking of ordering a SmartTop module for my e93. After doing some searching here on the forum it seems most everyone who has one loves it. I was reading thru the various features that can be enabled (one touch top down, windows up, down, unlock, mirrors, etc). It's nice to have options but it is almost too many!

So...I was wondering what features the users out there have enabled and why? It seems like the one touch top up/down is a no brainier but what else are folks using?

Also, it's nice to be able to operate the top manually (stopping the top in various states of unfold) for lubing the hinges and seals - do I have to disable the module each time I want to do this?

#2 ·
I have the one touch up and down from center console button
Roof while moving up to 25 mph I think I have it set to
One touch all windows up from the all windows button
Roof up down from fob one touch (hold for 3 seconds then once it starts good to go)
Folding mirrors from fob

Think that is it for me - best mod I ever bought, had it for 6 years now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.