BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the e46 series - we have had an e23 and e38. New 330CiC with SP arriving soon (sitting in Bremerhaven) - I want to purchase extra set of used wheels for winter snow tires. Will 16 wheels clear my rotors or do need to go with 17s? If 16s, what is the correct tire size - - - ditto for the 17s. Thanks for your help!

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
You will need 17" wheels. 16" wheels will not clear 330Cic rotors.

Size of the tire dependon the width of the wheel. If you get 7" wide wheels, I think the tire size is 250/50/17. Remember, for snow tires the narrower the tire the better traction you will have in snow.

·
Registered
678 Posts
There is at least one 16" wheel that will clear the rotors. Tirerack sells them. No idea how much they are or how easy it is to find them used.

I've got 17" Winter Sport M2s. Mainly because they were the only ones that I could find that came in the same size as the front tires.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Scupper: I am not too far from you and have a set of AT Italia 17x7 wheels (M-Contour copies) and Michelin Pilot Alpin high-performance winter tires in 225/45HR-17 for sale. I just don't take my 330Ci out in the nasty stuff anymore so they're collecting dust in the garage. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts