BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
i had the RE ssk and wsr installed about a week ago... it is awesome... shifts are very stocklike, very slight notchiness, and the throws are more positive... in the end, i decided that if the stock lever is good enough for oem, then it will be a good basis for the short shifter.

i was a little leary about the steel pivot point on the uuc concerning smoothness of the shifter, and felt that a steel pivot point in a plastic carrier would wear a little more than the oem plastic/urethane pivot point in the plastic carrier...

i'm not saying the UUC is a bad unit, because it looks to be a quality piece, and i've got a uuc unit in an old 1980 528i... but i had read about people hearing wooshing sounds, and even tho not everyone experienced it, i have yet to hear anybody with the same noises from a RE ssk, and i have not heard any strange sounds from the RE unit

plus the re is a little cheaper, it includes the bushings...

RE: $250
UUC: $295, add $25 for the bushings
WSR : $95

just my 2 cents, and the testimonies on the RE website are dead on... i also took those testimonies with a grain of salt so to speak, but after driving with it for a while now, i fully agree with those testimonies...

simply put....this RE unit is that good :thumb:

· Registered
47 Posts
i think a comparo would probably be best to do... one guy on another board (e46fanatics) had driven both, and then chose the RE based on his own personal comparison.

i'm not saying one is better than the other cause one person might like one and the other might like another... it's all personal preference... it's probably best to drive both ssk's and make your own decision, instead of basing if off of other peoples review's, as different people like different things...

but i'd be down to meeting up with someone w/ a UUC and comparing the 2... :thumb: ... i'm in socal btw

it seems to me that all the guys i know have the RE just as i do....

my humble 2 cents...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.