BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
I have the RE SSK and WSR in my 530i. Installed it myself the day after Bimmerfest.

My decision was based on previous discussion of noise and vibration being introduced with the UUC adjustable unit. I read about a "fix" and a change in their product, but wanted to go with a sure thing. I wanted to install it once and be done with it.

My impression of the RE is that it's great! I don't know why sport models of our cars don't come with this geometry from the factory, but oh well. Keeps the tuners in business which is a good thing!

I find the RE smooth, though slightly notchy compared to stock. Engagement feels more like a sports car and the reduction in throw and shift knob height are very comfortable. I no longer feel like I'm rowing to shift.

The kit is complete with everything you need, excellent instructions, and with access to a lift, it's quite easy to do. If anyone is interested in seeing some comparisons and pics from my install, visit:

http://www.jvrconsulting.com/sskinstall

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.