Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Saturday, November 30th 2002

Votes: 7 77.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems like 3.5 just went by a couple of weeks ago, and since a few members missed 3.5 and have had the need to have SOME work done, as well as my new shocks/struts coming in, I figure another techsession may be in the orders.

I'm taking votes as to when the best date is for the session, 9th, 16th or the 30th (sorry for putting it on a Saturday, but it's pretty much the only day I have available). Those of you interested in hosting the session please let us know. I will host as a back-up in case no one volunteers.

Topics to be discussed:

Shock/strut install

Caliper paint (if RoasterWench can make it)

Transmission mount enforcers (Raffi)

Brake pads/rotors install (in case anyone is interested or have the need)

Touch-up paint application (my car)

Anything else you can think of or any work that may need to be done, please post here and we'll make the proper arrangements and bring the right tools. By the way, the AC jack is staying home (damn heavy as hell) so if we have any sort of heavy lifting going on, it'll HAVE to be hosted at my place. I can accomodate 4 cars in the "bay".

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

·
KWiK
223 Posts
The 16th or 30th works for me.

My place is available...

Now I just need something to do to my car. :dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
KWiK said:
The 16th or 30th works for me.

My place is available...

Now I just need something to do to my car. :dunno:
I voted for the 30th but I think I can do either day.

Now, don't you also live way out in 'The 909'? Its not a bad drive for me (Ortega Hwy!) but we have folks like Raffi who live in The Valley.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No need to flush if you're just doing rotors and pads, though I'd suggest at least you bleed them.

If you're swapping out calipers, then definitely bleeding is required. A complete flush probably isn't necessary.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Voted Nov 30th. :thumbup:

Probably working on brake rotor and calipers. Do I need to flush the fluid again? :dunno:
If it's been more than 6 month and you're running racing brake fluids like ATE superblue, then yeah you need to flush them (and no, it hasn't been 6 months yet). Also, bring a quart just to be sure, since changing pads and rotors will require than the old pads be pushed back into the caliper as far as possible and will overflow the brake fluid reservoir if fluids not properly evacuated.

·
KWiK
223 Posts
Kaz said:
Now, don't you also live way out in 'The 909'? Its not a bad drive for me (Ortega Hwy!) but we have folks like Raffi who live in The Valley.
Yes, I'm in the '909', but the 15 is good for some tripple digit time. :D

Besides, luggin' that branick around SoCal wouldn't be fun.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
I'm down for the 16th or 30th...

Still want to get a hold of those part numbers from Sean @ ECIS to see if I can calm down the screech from my CAI. Really sounds like bad brakes. I wonder if this is worse with the conforti, or with a 330, than otherwise. I can't believe no one else has an issue with it. :dunno:

Might do the air horn thing, too.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Hack: thanks for the info on the brake/rotor change.:thumbup:

Kwik: I gather from your sig that you drive a steptronic too? Be prepared these folks are merciless when teasing about pple without the third pedal....:( just be very prepared...:eeps: :p

Plaz: is that hissing sound REALLY annoying you?:dunno: I kinda like mine....

·
KWiK
223 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Kwik: I gather from your sig that you drive a steptronic too? Be prepared these folks are merciless when teasing about pple without the third pedal....:( just be very prepared...:eeps: :p
It takes more skill to drive a steptronic, anyone can drive a stick that lets them pick the gear, but try driving a car that disagrees with you about the gear choice. :p

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:

Plaz: is that hissing sound REALLY annoying you?:dunno: I kinda like mine....
It's not the *hiss* that bothers me... I kind of like that too... it's the *shreik* -- the loud whistle -- sounds like bad brakes... or a fork scraping across a blackboard.

I'm still wondering if everyone has the same sound I do or not.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plaz said:

It's not the *hiss* that bothers me... I kind of like that too... it's the *shreik* -- the loud whistle -- sounds like bad brakes... or a fork scraping across a blackboard.

I'm still wondering if everyone has the same sound I do or not.
My wife's intake originally made that noise but it went away after a few months of operation. :dunno:

The hiss is still there.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
no work needed . . .

but always happy to learn. I didn't vote for any particular day - I'll go along with what's best for the group. :)

How many people need wheel repair? I know Raffi and Vince (and maybe SONET) were thinking about it. Should we call Onsite? :bigpimp:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Re: no work needed . . .

scottn2retro said:

How many people need wheel repair? I know Raffi and Vince (and maybe SONET) were thinking about it. Should we call Onsite? :bigpimp:
You know, Son owes me a phone call... :dunno:

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
I'm game for the 9th or the 30th. Will be "busy" with a special friend of mine coming in from Portland the weekend of the 16th.

;) :angel:

(Yup, had to change my username. I felt silly introducing myself with my old one. At least, this new one is less silly....) :)

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
HACK: 9th or 16th is preferrable for me, though I can also do the 30th, but I just don't want to wait that long before working on my car and b!tching and moaning at your work! :bigpimp:

I would also like to do a diff fluid change and possibly coolant flush - anyone else interested? HACK, where can I get the redline stuff? :dunno:

Scott/Kaz: the wheel refinish is an awesome idea, I am game for doing it at the TechSession if anyone else is interested. :thumbup:

Plaz: I'm telling you, I really need to drive your car on the edge to check out that hissing sound! :lmao: :lmao: Just don't let Stuka drive it... :lmao:

Vince: you need brakes? With your grandma driving??? :D

EDIT: I will also install the Euro city/driving lights, I will bring the Dremel tool, just need Vince or Kaz to help out with the electrical aspect of the job.

I also plan on installing a SECOND set of Hellas! yeah!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.