BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sooooo close, yet I will be so far away. :cry:

Now that I'm 'almost there' with the break-in period I will be away... I'm headed to Canada for a little vacation. Vancouver and Victoria Island for a bit and then a one week Alaska cruise. I'm looking forward to my trip but I was really looking forward to the 1200 mile mark!

Not that I'm going to go all out at 1200 miles, but still. At least I'll have something to look forward to when I get back aside from bills and a backed up call log.

Have a great 4th everybody! :D

--SONET

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
SONET said:

Sooooo close, yet I will be so far away. :cry:

Now that I'm 'almost there' with the break-in period I will be away... I'm headed to Canada for a little vacation. Vancouver and Victoria Island for a bit and then a one week Alaska cruise. I'm looking forward to my trip but I was really looking forward to the 1200 mile mark!

Not that I'm going to go all out at 1200 miles, but still. At least I'll have something to look forward to when I get back aside from bills and a backed up call log.

Have a great 4th everybody! :D

--SONET
Ugh looks like your mpg is suffering from the CA traffic:(

Have a great vacation and enjoy your 4th as well:D

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: So close, yet...

PM 325xiT said:

Ugh looks like your mpg is suffering from the CA traffic :(
Actually, the problem is that I hardly ever get on the freeway. To be honest I'm pretty impressed with the 19.1 - I only took a short freeway trip (20 miles maybe) on this tank... my average speed is only 22MPH. :(

My milage would probably be considerably better if it wasn't for that fun little surge of power you get off the line. I know I pay for enjoying that little boost, but it's worth it! :D

--SONET

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So close, yet...

SONET said:

I know I pay for enjoying that little boost, but it's worth it! :D

--SONET
:thumbup:

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
You're heading up to Vancouver, SONET? :yikes:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Toast said:
You're heading up to Vancouver, SONET? :yikes:
You ask as though it was a bad idea! :eeps:

I'm only going to be in Vancouver for a few days... any suggestions? I'd be particularly interested to know of some good restaurants and maybe a nice attraction or two. :D

Thanks!

--SONET

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
No no, you got me wrong. It just feels weird that the people I see on bimmerfest everyday is actually visiting my town. :yikes: :bigpimp:

Anyways, what specific type of food are you particularly interested in? Chinese/Japanese? Also, what type of attractions are you looking to visit? Shopping malls? Historical sites? Or maybe some museums? :confused:

Let me know and I'll try to give you a few suggestions. :bigpimp:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks toast... I was starting to worry heh.

As for restraunts, anything with a nice atmosphere and good food would interest me, and a nice view is always a plus. Chinese/Japanese sounds as good as anything else. :D

If there are 'interesting' shopping malls (with some stores that aren't global corporations perhaps) that might be good... I have South Coast Plaza and 'Fashion Island' right around the corner so something different might be nice.

Anything that you think a tourist would be interested in would be super. I have had little time to research so any info would be a big help!

--SONET

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
Hmm, I don't usually go to restaurants for their view, I usually go for their food. :bigpimp: But anyways, if you're looking to get a good view, I guess most of the seafood restaurants surrounding the English Bay would work. A restaurant called "C" (yes, C is its name) is highly recommended by the local critics, you might want to give it a shot. :D

As for Japanese restaurants, check out Tojo's on Broadway near Cambie and Shiro (forgot the exact spelling) on Cambie near 15th Ave. Tojo's food are top quality, but the price is also a bit on the high side. OTOH, Shiro is more like a family operated little restaurant. I often go there and find their food to be of very good quality, and the price is reasonable too. BTW they serve wild BC salmon, none of their salmons are from fish farms. :bigpimp:

Vancouver is well-known for its fabulous chinese cuisine around town. Basically, you couldn't go wrong with chines restaurants on major streets, and are full of people. The one I recommend is Sun Sui Wah (there's on on Main street near 21 or 21st ave and another one in Richmond, on No. 3 Road and Alexandra road).

Shopping malls are about the same throughout the whole North America (one or a few large department stores, and some brandname shops around it). :confused: If you only have limited time, I would suggest skipping the mall, and go visit something different like Robson street. Although it is also mostly occupied by brandname stores, it does have a few special stores around it, and also the food in that area... hmm... :bigpimp:

As for attractions, you might want to check out Grandville Island. Its basically a "very large" fishermans warf (sp?), something like the public market in Downtown Seattle. And maybe you can check out the suspension bridge also, its located in North Vancouver. That's all the attractions I know :( , since I don't usually visit attractions in my hometown. :confused: You might be better off looking for pamphlets of tourists attractions in the airport when you arrive, I'm sure you'll find something there.

And, I'm not really familiar with Vancouver Island (Victoria), so can't really give you any suggestions. :bawling:

Anyways, hope the information helps. Enjoy your stay in Vancouver! :D

(gee, if you haven't noticed yet, I really like this smilie :bigpimp: )

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your info Toast, it was really helpful. I'll try to visit as many of those places as I can. Funny how difficult it is to be a tour guide in your own town... you did much better than I could!

Thanks again! :bigpimp:

--SONET

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
No problem. If you need any more info, just PM me, thanks! :bigpimp:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.