BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got these codes after disconnecting the battery for a bit and recharging the car up.

So I assume I should replace all spark plugs and ignition coils

Attachments

·
Wingnut
4,096 Posts
itd help all if you put the descriptions of the codes in your post so those viewing wouldnt have to look them up for you. the codes you show could indicate a vac leak. reset em and see what shows up.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It's unlikely that they just went bad.
delete the codes and see if they come back
reset the modules by disconnecting the negative battery cable twice in 30 sec periods

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
acoste's advice is a little harsh; I'd just clear the codes and see what comes back.

How many miles on the plugs?

Have you felt the miss?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
acoste's advice is a little harsh; I'd just clear the codes and see what comes back.
:) not that harsh
this is BMW procedure however for newer cars. But I guess it isn't needed here.

http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/5_s...et__(for_programming_coding_control_unit(s))/

Once you disconnect the DME for a longer period and it loses the "teachable" memory, it will start with default values that might cause some troubles initially. Delete codes, drive the car and see what happens.

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
Interesting procedure. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Codes are misfires on C1, C2 and C7.

I deleted the codes and will disconnect the battery shortly. It usually drives sloppy in first 5min and smooths out. I never thought a misfire would feel like the car is about to stall out

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
Have you looked in the spark plug wells for oil?

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
You haven't reported the mileage on the plugs. Whilst you're at it, report the mileage on the car. The more info you report, the better we can help.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disconnected battery like you guys said and started up. Runs more sloppy I guess cause it sat overnight. Ran it for more codes and no fault codes detected. I'll go take a drive to see if anything pops up

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Codes are misfires on C1, C2 and C7.

I deleted the codes and will disconnect the battery shortly. It usually drives sloppy in first 5min and smooths out. I never thought a misfire would feel like the car is about to stall out
So it was driving sloppy before too?
That means there were some problematic parts prior and once the DME got started with default values those were not good enough to correct the problem.

What is the model year and engine?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So got the car back and can't seem to find the issue. Car still feels like crap at start up but goes away. Drove it for an hour and no codes showed up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts