BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
64 46 BMW
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went in to see if I needed to swap out my cabin filter and guess what??? NO FRICKEN FILTER!!!!!!

So I got a toothbrush and taped it to something in order to extend my reach. Then I swept the crap from the surface of the core inside with the toothbrush. I got alot of crap out, I tihnk most if not all that was stuck to the surface. My only concern is that the crap went in deeper into the fins.

Now, am I screwed? I'm going to order another filter and stick it in, but I'm just wonderinng if it;s too ate already. BTW, is that the heater core in there?

Thanks for any help guys!

·
Registered
716 Posts
So I got a toothbrush and taped it to something in order to extend my reach.
:rofl: I did the exact same thing yesterday!

Sorry to hear that someone had removed your filter - although I think this is done quite often. I doubt if any serious problems will be caused. Certainly wouldn't say you were screwed.

I think the radiator like thing is the heater core as you said. The bits of leaf etc should find there way through and just be blown out into the cabin. So after you replace the filter the system should sort of clean itself out.

Here is my thread. I sprayed some of the aircon cleaner into the box where the filter goes before putting the new one in, hopefully this should kill off any bacteria.

By the way I was very pleased with the quality and performance of my new puravent filter - after cleaning out the system air flow has dramatically increased and is much fresher.

·
64 46 BMW
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Matt, glad everything worked out for you. I'm going to order a filter, I just need t find a good place that ships in the states. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts