BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, here it goes.

I am minding my own business driving along a single lane country road on my way home back from work (picture an 8 mile stretch of gentle curves and a few rolling hills) surrounded by fields of lettuce (keep in mind that the speed limit on the single lane road is 55MPH) when I reach the section where the road transitions to a two lane, and two mile straight away (BTW - this section is a LOT of fun :drive: and the speed limit transitions to 65MPH) and a silver crown victoria is in the middle of both lanes causing me to drastically slow down (yes, I was going approx. 75MPH when I approached him). The driver pulls over, slowly to the right lane and allows me to go around him. As I pass him, I notice the cop lights in the rear of his car, and flashing headlights turn on :eeps: NOOOOOO. Not again, I say to myself (I just got a ticket about 3 mos. ago). The driver gets on my tail and I decide to pull over.
Here is how the rest of the dialogue took place (to the best of my recollection):

COP: Let me see your licence.
AirFrcd: Here you go sir.
COP: Do you live in xxxx?
AirFrcd: Yes sir.
COP: Are you in the air force?
AirFrcd: No sir.
COP: What is the significance of your licence plate then?
AirFrcd: Forced air sir.
COP: What do you do for a living?
AirFrcd: I work for xxxxxxx.
COP: It is punks like you that cause accidents and are a hazard to society. If I catch your a$$ driving the way you were once again, I will take you straight to jail. I know what your car looks like and I know your licence plate. I am the police chief of xxxxxx, and I never stop to pull over citizens unless I come accross young punks like you. SLOW DOWN, you hear me, SLOW DOWN or I'll cuff you and take you away.
AirFrcd: Yes sir :D

Well, sorry for the long winded thread. I just had to vent a bit. :typing:
Needless to say, my adrenaline was pumping as I "drifted" off into the sunset. (trying hard to stay behind the occifer of course).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
ouch Lawrence.. sorry to hear that man. What was the damage on the ticket? 75 in a 65 or did he let you off with a tounge lashing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xclone said:
ouch Lawrence.. sorry to hear that man. What was the damage on the ticket? 75 in a 65 or did he let you off with a tounge lashing?
Tongue lashing. Thank God :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Holy crap you skated on that one... I'm betting the tounge lashing was because he was pi**ed he didnt get you on radar and therefore couldn't back up his story to write a ticket (you can't judge speed from head on or behind). I'm glad to hear that it was only a minor discomfort for ya....

I just got nabbed for 17 over in a 65mph... bought my V1 the next day. :/ Hiring a lawyer so I don't get any insurance points but its still $300 less modifications I can do this month. :mad:
 

·
You Lick It, You Own It
Joined
·
14,417 Posts
next time: LIE!!!!
come up with something else then about the car. hell, say your best friend from HS died when he was in the airforce and you two always talked abot owning a BMW so you got that plate to remember him by... something stupid like that. a tear jerker. if he asks for the name, tell him you'd rather keep it to yourself since it's a sensative matter.... or make one up. like he's going to be able to look it up.


i got pulled over going 90 weaving in and out of traffic back in HS in a corolla full of my friends. yeah, i got my ass chewed but guess what my excuse was? Curfew. i said i was rushing my friend home because we lost track of time rollerblading and it's 4th of july coming up and we didn't want him in trouble. worked like a charm. :D


remember, it's not what they know, it's what they can prove. give a answer like you are responsible and it works. being LATE for work is the worst because it shows irresponsibilty.
 

·
an audience of One
Joined
·
7,853 Posts
AirFrcd said:
OK guys, here it goes.

I am minding my own business driving along a single lane country road on my way home back from work (picture an 8 mile stretch of gentle curves and a few rolling hills) surrounded by fields of lettuce (keep in mind that the speed limit on the single lane road is 55MPH) when I reach the section where the road transitions to a two lane, and two mile straight away (BTW - this section is a LOT of fun :drive: and the speed limit transitions to 65MPH) and a silver crown victoria is in the middle of both lanes causing me to drastically slow down (yes, I was going approx. 75MPH when I approached him). The driver pulls over, slowly to the right lane and allows me to go around him. As I pass him, I notice the cop lights in the rear of his car, and flashing headlights turn on :eeps: NOOOOOO. Not again, I say to myself (I just got a ticket about 3 mos. ago). The driver gets on my tail and I decide to pull over.
Here is how the rest of the dialogue took place (to the best of my recollection):

COP: Let me see your licence.
AirFrcd: Here you go sir.
COP: Do you live in xxxx?
AirFrcd: Yes sir.
COP: Are you in the air force?
AirFrcd: No sir.
COP: What is the significance of your licence plate then?
AirFrcd: Forced air sir.
COP: What do you do for a living?
AirFrcd: I work for xxxxxxx.
COP: It is punks like you that cause accidents and are a hazard to society. If I catch your a$$ driving the way you were once again, I will take you straight to jail. I know what your car looks like and I know your licence plate. I am the police chief of xxxxxx, and I never stop to pull over citizens unless I come accross young punks like you. SLOW DOWN, you hear me, SLOW DOWN or I'll cuff you and take you away.
AirFrcd: Yes sir :D

Well, sorry for the long winded thread. I just had to vent a bit. :typing:
Needless to say, my adrenaline was pumping as I "drifted" off into the sunset. (trying hard to stay behind the occifer of course).
Oh man! Did you ever skate on that one :thumbup: Good for you :D

chivas said:
next time: LIE!!!!
come up with something else then about the car. hell, say your best friend from HS died when he was in the airforce and you two always talked abot owning a BMW so you got that plate to remember him by... something stupid like that. a tear jerker.
:rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya! I learned my lesson too, going 70 on a 55mph road. Here in Cali, we just have to pay for the fine and if you don't want your insurance to go up you can attend traffic school for a few hours. The best part is that you can take the traffic school online...hehehe :thumbup: .
 

·
Is it Trackday yet?
Joined
·
8,975 Posts
How dare you AirFrcd! You're a menace to society! You should be locked up! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you were a woman in a skirt driving an SUV with 3 screaming kids in the back, lipstick in one hand, cell phone in the other, and Venti Starsux in the other :confused:, you'd have cruised right on by without notice.

This is why I won't have a vanity plate on my car. If I had one it would probably say GETBENT.

My buddy and I were pulled over on our motorcycles a couple weeks ago in Idaho. The cop said he clocked us with his radar, but I'm sure he clocked the truck behind us who was going the same speed as all three of us passed him as a group. He was going for the 2-for-1 deal with us outta towners.

We didn't get tickets cuz the cop got called to something else, freebies at Krispy Kreme or something, so he just gave us a 5 second lecture and was on his way. We were 11 over the posted, 36 in a 25. I did learn my speedo is pretty accurate though. :angel:

Too bad all the dangerous stuff drivers do don't carry bigger fines, then they'd be the revenue generators instead of stand up citizens like you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xclone said:
I just got nabbed for 17 over in a 65mph... bought my V1 the next day. :/ Hiring a lawyer so I don't get any insurance points but its still $300 less modifications I can do this month. :mad:
Brian,

The same think happened to me 3 mos. ago, when I got popped for going 82MPH in a 55MPH zone - that time however I got a $350+ ticket. The very next wk. I had my V1 hardwired. Shoot, if only I had bought the V1 before the ticket...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jvr826 said:
We didn't get tickets cuz the cop got called to something else, freebies at Krispy Kreme or something, so he just gave us a 5 second lecture and was on his way.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: - you're killing me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bk330ci said:
Central Coast? Was this near SLO?:angel:
Monterey.
I did spend some good years in SLO however - CalPoly Grad (BS + MS) :thumbup:
 

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
Joined
·
11,697 Posts
Vortec4800 said:
God I hate police officers...
:rolleyes:

Though I've been known to use the chivas method:

There was the one in college- "In a 400 mile rush to see mom for mother's day." (warning)

The call from sick wife and new baby. Down from 65 in a 40 to 9 over- $30.

I was stopped on Hawaii in a rush to get to the airport. (warning)

The most recent one was on the way to pick up Tyrone a few hours away. I was with another friend in the X5 sped past a trooper at 80 or so in a 65. I showed the youngster my (expired) insurance card and told him I was going to pick up a friend. He let me go. I swear he did it out of respect for my age. He MUST have been like 18 or something.

Back in my younger and more stupid days, I got stopped with LOTS of beer in my system. Not sure I would have registered impaired, but I was happy with the ticket for 14 over.

The best one was the truth:
Got yanked at 90 in a 55 in a rush to a festival. I told him it was my second ticket that week (it was), but I didn't mind paying 'cause they'd shown right up at my wife's sighting of a suspicious character. He wrote me for 64 in a 55. ($30)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
AirFrcd said:
Monterey.
I did spend some good years in SLO however - CalPoly Grad (BS + MS) :thumbup:
I am currently a calpoly student going into my 2nd year. Driving back from calpoly to the bay area up 101 I got pulled over for speeding at King City...worst place to speed.
The guy was a dick because he tried to write me up for 100 when I was clearly going less than 90. We made an excuse that my friend was suffering from asthma and we needed to get off the freeway. He still ended up giving me a ticket for 85 on 70.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
If I had my 540 when I was in college, I would have been thrown in jail without doubt. I drove a 1987 Acura Legend (manual tranny of course), and I got 8 tickets in 3 years. Thank goodness for no points in Texas.
 

·
wrencher
Joined
·
150 Posts
Those are scare tactics.

But glad that you learned your lesson young man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
Man.. I must be doing something wrong. I've gotten 6 tickets in my driving career and not ONCE have I ever received a warning. :dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top