BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E36 325is...

Hadn't driven an E36 for more than two years. It is quite a nice car. I think that my car is better though.

The first thing that I noticed when driving the E36 and even just getting in for a ride was that my car feels a lot lower and a hell of a lot wider. By far the most obvious difference when you get in the two cars. My car seems much lower. Also, rides fimer, despite the 17s on the 325is.

As for the interior, I like the interior of both cars. But, the OBC location is better on my 328Ci, IMO. I don't know about the other controls, I didn't touch them. Mirrors are a lot smaller.

Steering, I like mine better. Especially the steering wheel itself, the sport wheel on E46 328s is one of the best ever and much smaller than the earlier models, IMO. The 325 steering was a bit weighter, especially off center. Also, the 328 is much smoother. My friend agreed.

Engine power. Good top end. You have to get this spinning for power extraction. I guess the double Vanos really improves flexibility. This engine would be very good modified, I think.

Brakes, no contest, my car is much better pedal feel.

His car looks fantastic. I'll get some pictures this week probably. Side by side. The car is black/black and looks great, especially for 124,000 miles. Certainly better than the '98 Sabb that he ditched.

G

·
nate328Ci said:

Because I disagree with you?
No, because you posted this thread strickly to elicit a response from the E36ers. You more or less admitted it in your second post when you said, "Seeing as though least 4 people would disagree with me, I thought I should mention it "

Um, TROLL!

Hey Jon, can we make this Nate's permanent avatar?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
TD said:

No, because you posted this thread strickly to elicit a response from the E36ers. You more or less admitted it in your second post when you said, "Seeing as though least 4 people would disagree with me, I thought I should mention it "
I meant that line...

Maybe you didn't notice where I said that I liked it, but disregarding that, YOU haven't done anything like this before, right?

I guess that only you can make comparisons, right?

G

·
nate328Ci said:

I meant that line...

Maybe you didn't notice where I said that I liked it, but disregarding that, YOU haven't done anything like this before, right?

I only you can make comparisons, right?
LOL.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whatever, asshole.

Many people here think that you troll all the time. It was much more blatant at the .org, but you spend the majority of the time trying to piss other people off. You are a troll, and it has been obvious for a long time.

This thread wan't meant to anger anyone, but I guess some in thier own world don't like it, too bad for you. I like it how you can make comparisons that other's can't.

I suppose you will respond with another golden troll. Or maybe you'll call me fat again...

·
5,820 Posts
I'm not sure if I have this troll concept down. Are you a troll if you disagree with anyone? Or, does it have to be systematic and random barbs and stupidity, varied subjects? Or, only certain subjects are trollworthy, ie. MY car? Or, only certain people delivering or receiving the critique? I'm very confused. :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
johnlew said:
I'm not sure if I have this troll concept down. Are you a troll if you disagree with anyone? Or, does it have to be systematic and random barbs and stupidity, varied subjects? Or, only certain subjects are trollworthy, ie. MY car? Or, only certain people delivering or receiving the critique? I'm very confused. :dunno:
I can't say that I like my car more than an earlier model BMW that I drove back-to-back, even though I liked the car and didn't take pot-shots at it.

That is considered a troll post...

TD is right, I am wrong, again...

G

·
nate328Ci said:
Whatever, asshole.

Many people here think that you troll all the time. It was much more blatant at the .org, but you spend the majority of the time trying to piss other people off. You are a troll, and it has been obvious for a long time.

This thread wan't meant to anger anyone, but I guess some in thier own world don't like it, too bad for you. I like it how you can make comparisons that other's can't.

I suppose you will respond with another golden troll. Or maybe you'll call me fat again...
I guess since I don't even bring up the E36 vs E46 topic anymore, I figured it was probably played out. I mean, we really can't say much that's new. So I didn't want to touch this thread. Then you posted the "4 people" response and I gave you the Golden Troll.

There really is no need to discuss this. We have already established that your sense of feel is different from mine. We can drive the same cars and have different impressions. I do not know how that works, but I wrote it off some time ago.

It's been quite some time since I had made a serious E46 comparison. I'll still make drive-by cracks about it's weight (just like JST did this morning in atyclb's thread), but I have given up belaboring the same few points. Hell, even I got bored typing the same stuff over and over again.

My only response to your original post is bewilderment, as in how could someone drive both and come up with those conclusions. But that's just further proof that we're all different. And that you chose the right car.

Forgive me for assuming you intended mischief with your original post.

G

·
johnlew said:
Apparently I mistakenly inferred that Nate's original post was meant solely to provoke a response from the E36ers on the board. His first follow-up seemed to confirm that, so I posted a pic of a Golden Troll trophy, as trolling is generally defining as posting content strictly for the purposes of provoking an argument. It was my way of saying, "Nice try. But I'm not going to bite."

Now here we are... Same old shit. Let's always assume the worst in everything I post.

·
5,820 Posts
TD said:

Apparently I mistakenly inferred that Nate's original post was meant solely to provoke a response from the E36ers on the board. His first follow-up seemed to confirm that, so I posted a pic of a Golden Troll trophy, as trolling is generally defining as posting content strictly for the purposes of provoking an argument. It was my way of saying, "Nice try. But I'm not going to bite."

Now here we are... Same old shit. Let's always assume the worst in everything I post.
Well, I wouldn't assume the worst and thought you were having some light fun. But back to your statement. Aren't arguments, or at least, spirited discussions pretty much the norm in these forums? I guess we'd all be trolls under that definition at some point or another. I thought it had to be more sustained, organized and widespread. :dunno:

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,409 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I can't say that I like my car more than an earlier model BMW that I drove back-to-back, even though I liked the car and didn't take pot-shots at it.

That is considered a troll post...

TD is right, I am wrong, again...
Nate, for the record I was just kidding with my post. I have no comments about which regulars troll. I love everybody.

:thumbup: :angel:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.