·
10,856 Posts
scoped?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
yes had arthroscopy on my right knee yesterday. to repair a tear and to remove some tissue (because my menisicus was deformed)
vicodin and motrin on an empty stomach not the best idea for driving, btw. thank god driving only requires movement of right ankle (from gas to brake)...

·
10,856 Posts
Ow. Sorry to hear that. I still need to get my left knee fixed. :( Tore out my ACL and sprained the LCL? and MCL? (the two outer ligaments) and fractured my tibia in one very fun skiing accident. I couldn't walk or drive stick for 7 weeks. :(

Hope you get better very soon.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:

yes had arthroscopy on my right knee yesterday. to repair a tear and to remove some tissue (because my menisicus was deformed)
vicodin and motrin on an empty stomach not the best idea for driving, btw. thank god driving only requires movement of right ankle (from gas to brake)...
Hope you are recovering nicely. Most operations, no matter how minor, are no fun.

Vicodin and motrin, eh? I did not know that you can mix tylenor and iboprufen. :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Ow. Sorry to hear that. I still need to get my left knee fixed. :( Tore out my ACL and sprained the LCL? and MCL? (the two outer ligaments) and fractured my tibia in one very fun skiing accident. I couldn't walk or drive stick for 7 weeks. :(

Hope you get better very soon.
yo, TORN acl? good lord. that is some major work and at least 9-10 months of rehab.. geez. i should be 100% in 6-8 weeks, relatively fully mobile in 4-6.... i was worried about ligament damage, thankfully none of that. granted this still sucked because i have no health insurance and so it was all self pay. the doc and hospital gave me a discount though

if i couldnt drive stick i'd be stuck with my dad's 01 caddy dhs... )=

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaveN323i said:

Hope you are recovering nicely. Most operations, no matter how minor, are no fun.

Vicodin and motrin, eh? I did not know that you can mix tylenor and iboprufen. :D
yeah, i was concerned but the doc said it was okay. i have 1 refill of vicodin and 4 of the 600mg motrins. haha, i'm so selling my vicodin. i could probably make enough to buy an SSK... ahahahah, no. no selling drugs. i will probably need them all

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sorry to here about your knee, hope everything went smooth.

When do you start re-hab??

I remember on earlier posts, you were talking about taking up Golf. Talk with your re-hab theripist about this, cause learning/playing can be rough on your knee's.

Best of luck with your recovery:thumbup:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Hope the recovery goes well:thumbup:

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
knee

Hey Eugene,

As I sit typing this, I'm eleven weeks in on a tibial plateau fracture of my left knee. It's a hardware store in there with 3 plates and 12 screws.

Right now I'm up to 50lbs pressure while walking on crutches, in two weeks, it'll be 100lbs then from there, I hope full weight.

I've got very little muscle tone throughout my left leg, yet I'm able to drive pretty well. My bmw's orthopedically designed seats are the most comfortable seats I sit in day to day.

Pain is minor at this point, mostly muscular, but early on I was given dilotin and oxiconton regularly.

I've been told to expect a full recovery in about a year, though I'll feel pretty "normal" by September.

Good luck

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.