BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over the 50K mark in my 320, had the final service at 49992, they did fix a few odd things I wanted, so now I'm just a mere mortal with a German car, I have a Indie shop picked out already if anything does go wrong, I did speak to the fiance manager today about the cost of the extended warranty 2yr-50K but the price wasn't worth it. I haven't had much problems with the car, so I'm beating that if I do it would far less then the $3250 quoted me.

BTW, yes it was 113 degree..

·
Registered
13,006 Posts
Congrats on the 50k milestone. :thumbup: My indy speculates that the N20/N26 will be quite reliable given it is I4. He also commented that the engine bay has lots of space to work with.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I thought you were leasing that car

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Congrats...did you code the cad go show mph?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you were leasing that car
Not the 320, I did the BMW select on it, I was traveling a lot when I got the car, but of course that all changed.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
The 3-series should have multi-contour seat option, for those 25k+ miles per year buyers. :)
Yes indeed. While we're at it, they should also offer the "fit-and-finish package" which includes a rattle-free chassis and and the "anti-bounce package" which includes a suspension and tires that don't bounce at every bump.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
In UK provided one has had the minimum services done by BMW dealer then the BMW extended warranty is worthwhile. IE end on from BMW mfr warranty. They will not cover if done by yourself.

Costs about £600 pa, fully comprehensive.

·
Registered
13,006 Posts
Yes indeed. While we're at it, they should also offer the "fit-and-finish package" which includes a rattle-free chassis and and the "anti-bounce package" which includes a suspension and tires that don't bounce at every bump.
The M adaptive suspension does not provide anti-bounce?

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
Congrats on the 50k milestone. :thumbup: My indy speculates that the N20/N26 will be quite reliable given it is I4. He also commented that the engine bay has lots of space to work with.
My experiences with BMW is the engine is the last thing one needs to be concerned about. The drivetrains are pretty reliable. It'sall the other stuff which tends to cause problems (and tends to be expensive to repair)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

·
kid in a candy store
329 Posts
I went over the 50K mark in my 320, had the final service at 49992, they did fix a few odd things I wanted, so now I'm just a mere mortal with a German car, I have a Indie shop picked out already if anything does go wrong, I did speak to the fiance manager today about the cost of the extended warranty 2yr-50K but the price wasn't worth it. I haven't had much problems with the car, so I'm beating that if I do it would far less then the $3250 quoted me.

BTW, yes it was 113 degree..
113 degrees is ridiculous. :yikes:

Here is a random question: how are you brakes looking? Or more specifically, how many more miles do you think you may have on your brakes? This seems to be the most expensive regular maintenance to really worry about paying for. Is that wrong?:dunno:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations. I'm at 40K+ miles so I'll be there in 4-5 months.
I'm hoping I can keep the miles under 65K be Oct 2017

The 3-series should have multi-contour seat option, for those 25k+ miles per year buyers. :)
YES !!

It's funny I have no rattles or squeaks in my car at all..

113 degrees is ridiculous. :yikes:

Here is a random question: how are you brakes looking? Or more specifically, how many more miles do you think you may have on your brakes? This seems to be the most expensive regular maintenance to really worry about paying for. Is that wrong?:dunno:
today was 116...

Brakes are holding up, when I brought it in the key fob was showing 55% left, now if I need brakes say in 3 months I wont be happy.. My SA tells me that the F3X cars have been pads then the E9X cars and they last longer.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts