Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted on e46fanatics by ttran:

Clubsport confirmed for 330i - March production

BMW Introduces the 330i Performance Package
To Debut at the Los Angeles International Auto Show
The quintessential sport sedan once again raises the performance bar

December 9th, 2002, Woodcliff Lake, NJ… , An all-new Performance Package for the 2003 330i Sedan will make its debut at the Los Angeles International Auto Show on January 2nd, 2003 and begin production in March. The 330i sedan continues to win comparison test after comparison test on the strength of its performance and handling prowess. Never being a company to leave well enough alone, with the introduction of the Performance Package BMW will raise the driving experience to an even higher standard.

There is no aspect of the driving experience that has not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine yield a ten horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i it will include a six-speed manual transmission with a short-throw shifter. With the addition of a shorter final drive the 330i with a Performance Package will accelerate from 0-60 miles-per-hour in 6 seconds, about half a second faster than a standard 330i. To match the performance a new sports suspension more finally tuned than the 330i's standard sport suspension is mated to 18-inch wheels with mixed-size performance tires. The look and feel of the interior has been refined with cloth and Alcantara sport seats matching the Alcantara sport steering wheel. An anthracite headliner and Black cube aluminum trim complete the interior look. Silver cube aluminum trim is optional. The instrumentation includes red needles while the tachometer reflects the modified engine's 300 higher rpm limit.

From the outside the 330i Performance Package will be immediately apparent from its Aerodynamic Package, black headlight trim and high gloss shadowline trim. The aforementioned 18-inch wheels and tires and new exhaust that not only appears but also sounds more aggressive complete the look.

·
10,856 Posts
WIll it come with that stupid wing, Jon?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sorry, that just looks too much like a faked press release.

G

·
Package is vailable for the SEDAN ONLY. So, basically, this is the US M3 sedan for the E46 model run.

Huh.

With the exception of omitting an LSD, they pretty much nailed our long-standing list of performance wishes.

Again. Huh.

Well, I will at least give one a test drive if I get the opportunity.

20,210 Posts
TD said:
Package is vailable for the SEDAN ONLY. So, basically, this is the US M3 sedan for the E46 model run.

Huh.

With the exception of omitting an LSD, they pretty much nailed our long-standing list of performance wishes.

Again. Huh.

Well, I will at least give one a test drive if I get the opportunity.
sorry, DBW

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Kaz said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sorry, that just looks too much like a faked press release.
No way they'll offer a 6-spd on the E46 non-M3s...

·
10,856 Posts
brave1heart said:
No way they'll offer a 6-spd on the E46 non-M3s...
Actually, we're looking at an end of model run spice up... They're trying to distract us from the upcoming E90(?). I wouldn't be at all surprised.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Now, I'm not saying this can't be true. There seems to be some legit indications that something is happening. But the way that 'press release' reads just isn't right.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
I don't believe this for a second...

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
The 6-spd is too much work and too expensive for them to fit on the E46. Oh, and a shorter gear ratio...Mmmmm, I don't think so.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
atyclb said:
why?, it's on the Z4 :dunno:
A 6MT in the 330i I believe will require a EPA recert. Engineeringwise it shouldn't be a problem. Its whether or not BMWNA would bother with the cost of the cert for this.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You've got a point...Kaz.

Also, the ClubSport edition in Europe is not worth so much of modifications. Magazines have reviewed the CS edition as a waste of money. I am surprised that the SSG isn't offered.

Then again, JST posted that link which did mention a 330i HP sport.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Two things:

Limited slip diff?

Why not on the coupe? I would think the coupe market would be more responsive to a package like this. Unless, the facelifted coupe will have this as its standard sports package...

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Two things:

Limited slip diff?

Why not on the coupe? I would think the coupe market would be more responsive to a package like this. Unless, the facelifted coupe will have this as its standard sports package...
coupes are already faster - they don't need it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Coupe buyers have the M3 Nate...

:dunno:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts