BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, brothers-in-arms -

I thought I'd drop a quick note to say good-bye. It's been great driving my 2001 325i for 4 years and sharing my enthusiasm with you here but it's time to move on and make room for a larger vehicle that can accommodate our growing (in numbers and width) family. I just traded in my beloved 325i for a new shiny minivan. I didn't think I'd be able to get over it at first but driving the minivan on the way home last night, I really got to appreciate its utility and comfort. It's spacious (has room for 8 and cargo to fit our whole house in it!), very quiet and fuel efficient. It also feels gratifying to drive a socially responsible vehicle that serves a great purpose rather than the juvenile "ultimate driving experience" race-car-but-oh-so-comfortable 3-series. Honk when you see a dad with big glasses behind the wheel and a mom holding a soccer ball in her arms next to our 3-year old who will be watching a Disney movie on our newest entertainment system.

So long!

Christo

p.s. My wife also traded in her A4. She got a more sensible Toyota Prius. We appreciate the perfectly quite ride, road isolation, the 80 mpg fuel economy, and most of all: the socially responsible message that it sends out!!

·
2,457 Posts
Gabe said:
I'm glad you caught this, because he had me going. I was formulating a giant post in my head about how I hope to never drive a mini van, etc etc.

Good one! :thumbup: I need to remember to be on my toes today! :rofl: :lmao:
Be kind of tough to run the 1 Lap in the minivan! :D The Prius might be a good fit tho. :eeps:

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LarryN said:
:rofl: April Fools! :D
Larry, you suck!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Check to see if you still have brakes before you leave my house this weekend :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LarryN said:
April Fools! ;) You had me going for the first few sentences...
Had even YOU going. Cool :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
My wife wants to get rid of her Venture mininvan for an X3. But that will be after I get my 3er. She has never been much of a BMW fan, until the X3.

·
Jayhawk
527 Posts
Damn, I thought I might fall into a free single layer driving suit for OLOA! I guess I will just have to hang with the puppies for a week on the road. I will save my April Fools Joke for you until at about 3:00 a.m. and I hit you with the radar gun. At least you will wake up.

Now put that helmet back on and visualize the tracks.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KU Ned said:
Damn, I thought I might fall into a free single layer driving suit for OLOA! I guess I will just have to hang with the puppies for a week on the road. I will save my April Fools Joke for you until at about 3:00 a.m. and I hit you with the radar gun. At least you will wake up.

Now put that helmet back on and visualize the tracks.
I fell asleep somewhere between turns 5 & 6 of IRP last night and woke up going through the snake at VIR. Then I did a full lap of Nelson Ledges before I got up :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.