BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer did not have cars on the lot in the colors I wanted to consider. Can anyone describe or better yet send me a few pictures of Lemans Blue, Montego and Deep Sea Blue? I tried the configurator on bmwusa.com and they all look the same. Saddle, beige and oyster interior seem to go with all 3. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FWIW, the lemans and montego look very similar to me. however, the deep sea appears to be very close to monaco blue. go figure...

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
fwiw, the lemans and montego look very similar to me. However, the deep sea appears to be very close to monaco blue. Go figure...
+1

Lemans is for M Sport only FWIW

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Andyffer. That bug on your page is going to drive me nuts! I could not figure out how a bug got into my laptop. :mad: (really more annoyed, but I could not find an emoticon to show that)

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Just in case you're not aware, Le Mans Blue is only available on 3 Series cars that have the M Sports Package (which automatically includes the 335is and the M3).

When looking for pictures of Le Mans Blue for our car I found this article on the 335is which includes lots of pictures of Le Mans Blue: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/28/first-drive-2011-bmw-335is-munich-finally-builds-a-special-on/. Unfortunately it was an overcast day so you don't quite get the full effect of Le Mans Blue as it can be quite bright in the sunlight.

There's also this thread, which has some good, larger pictures of Le Mans blue in full sunlight: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57986. Post #77 has some particularly good shots.

Le Mans Blue seems to be a somewhat dynamic color. My wife and I had the impression that Le Mans blue is definitely brighter than Montego Blue in sunlight, but it looks more like a lighter navy blue in the shade.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, folks. I guess it's down to Montego and Deep Sea Blue as I am not interested in the M-Sport package on my 335d. Since my current car is close to Montego I think I'll go with Deep Sea Blue/Saddle. I'll use Google and see what comes up.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Thanks, folks. I guess it's down to Montego and Deep Sea Blue as I am not interested in the M-Sport package on my 335d. Since my current car is close to Montego I think I'll go with Deep Sea Blue/Saddle. I'll use Google and see what comes up.
e90post has a color thread with links to threads ded---

http://www.bimmerpost.com/color-threads/

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
If one dealer doesn't have any cars in stock with the color you are interested in, find another dealer that does (just go and look at the car with the appropriate color). If you are off just a bit on what you thought the color was versus what it actually is, you could be hating the car every minute you own it.

Saddle interior is an excellent choice. :thumbup: Of course I am biased (my interior is Saddle). :angel:

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
If one dealer doesn't have any cars in stock with the color you are interested in, find another dealer that does (just go and look at the car with the appropriate color).
Finding Le Mans Blue in stock at a dealer is doubly difficult because it first requires the M Sport Package, or a 335is, and only then does the option of Le Mans Blue come into play. Four dealers in the area (now five) and only one had a 335i M Sport in Le Mans Blue. All of the 335is Coupes we looked at were either Arctic White or Black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts